Börek is one of favorite food in Turkey. Many kind of börek we can make. Main ingredient for börek is "Yufka" or filo dough. Turkish ussually make börek with cheese and parsley or spinach with cheese. This time I make börek with chicken and mushrooms filling, new taste maybe for some people but once you try.. I bet you will love to make it again for your family d(^_^)b
For Filling :
- 5 pcs Filo dough or "yufka"
- 250 gr chicken fillet-diced
- 300 gr mushrooms-diced
- 1 big onion-chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic-chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- salt as your taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil/ olive oil
|Fresh from oven|
- vegetable oil or cooking oil about 1/2 cup for brush filo dough
- 1 egg yolk mix with 2 tablespoon oil.
- black sesame or if you can't find it use ordinary white sesame seeds enough for topping
How to cook:
Take 1 filo dough, brush the surface with vegetable oil and fold become 2 (half round)place some of the filling (make very thin filling layer)on all of surface of the dough and roll it till end (make it like "long cigaret". Shape that roll become round. Do same thing with other filo until all filling finish.
Place it on a baking sheet, brush upper surface with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake in 170 degree oven until golden brown or about 45 minutes.