One of many Turkish daily meal. Basically consists of dried beans, cooked with tomato pasta. We can vary with other ingredients such as meat, meatball or 'Sucuk'... this time I try to cook it with 'Sucuk', which is typical of Turkish sausage. And the result ..... It's worth trying as well!
- 1 cup dried beans, seeds. Soak in water overnight and left soften.
- 1 medium onion. finely grated.
- 2 cloves garlic (optional). finely grated.
- 1 medium tomato. Peeled and finely grated.
- Salt and sugar according to taste.
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste. You can mix with chili paste if you like.
- 50 gr "sucuk" (coil sausage). Diced.
- 1 medium red bell pepper. Diced.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Enough hot water to cook dried bean until soft (about 1~1 1/2 lt)
how to cook:
1 Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add grated tomato. Stir well.
2. Place the bean, tomato paste and hot water. Cook over medium-low heat.
Note: After soaking overnight, sometimes dried bean still hard , it takes a relatively long time to cook the beans until became tender according to your taste.
If water getting a little dry, and you think it's still hard, you can add more hot water.
3. If the beans are soft already, add red bell pepper and sucuk. Stir and cook about 10 min more. Turn off the heat.
Ready to be served warm with slices of bread or with Turkish pilav