Indonesia has many kind traditional food and snacks. We make it from various ingredients cause we have maannyy of them.. Before I made "Onde-Onde" ... now allow me to introduce you "Ladrang jagung". It's light snack made from fresh corn. Nowdays, this snack getting rare to find unless we make it homemade.
- 3 pieces medium fresh corn. shredded
- 1 ~ 1 1 / 2 cup flour
- 100 gr butter
- 1 egg
- Chili sauce to taste (I use chili paste 1 / 2 tbsp)
- Salt and sugar according to taste.
- Enough cooking oil to fry.
How to make:
1) Mix all above ingredients (except oil for frying). Knead until smooth and not sticky in hands. There may be adding a little flour until dough is smooth.
2) roll the dough with a rolling pin thickness of approximately 1 / 2 cm (do not too thick).cut according to taste.
3) Heat the frying oil. Reduce the heat to medium. Fry "Ladrang jagung" over medium heat until golden redness.
- Use a medium heat only to fry snacks.
Chill and store air-tight jars.