♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Anything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Hamsi Pilavı (Turkish Anchovy Pilaf)


Seafood is my number one choice when I was in my country. With very long beach line and thousand of island makes Indonesia produce hundreds kind of seafood... sigh.... I miss crabs, shrimps, lobsters and their friends  d(*_*)b
Living in Bursa make me eagerly search for some seafood, but I found only many kind of  fish instead of crabs and it's friends....Until now I still couldn't find Crabs here. 
And I'd been searching and asking people around me for some seafood recipe. And I found this Hamsi Pilavı from some of other recipe. 
Hamsi = anchovy. Pilavı = pilaf/ rice . 
Original recipes mostly using more pine nut, more currant and more cinnamon also add some sugar on it. I think that pilaf will be sweet then... so I made some reduction from mostly original recipe. And Voalllaa... My Turkish husband even prefer with this recipe.... So Here I share my recipe for Hamsi Pilavı.
Ingredients:- 1 kg of fresh anchovies. Clean the heads and spines.
- Enough corn flour.
- Enough Olive oil.
- 1 cup rice. Wash and soak with enough hot water about 30 min. Drain.
- 2 +1/2 cup hot water (if you use a hard type of rice, you may need more)
- 1 medium onion. Chop finely.
- 1 tbsp pine nut (Turk: çam Fıstık)
- 1 tbsp small currant (I do not really like much currant in it)
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried mint 
- Pinch of cinnamon powder (I do not really like sweet in this recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste.

How to cook:

1) Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick pan. Saute onion until fragrant. Stir in rice, pine nuts, currant, mix well. Add hot water.
2) Put in other spices, stir well and cover the pan. Cook over low heat until the water dries. Turn off the fire. Set aside.


3) Grease a shallow baking pan (you can use non-stick pan) with olive oil - I use a clay plate. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
4) Coat anchovies with corn flour (only skin part), then arrange on a baking pan with coated skin side down to the pan (see illustration).
5) Fill with rice mixture, and cover with remaining anchovies (skin is also coated with corn flour). Now the coated skin facing outer part. (see illustrations). Gently brush with olive oil. Do not brush too hard, otherwise you will remove the corn flour coat.
6) Bake in the oven to 180 deg C for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked (Reddish brown anchovies)
:: Note
Arrange fish a little overlapping each other, because those anchovies will slightly shrink when baked. You don't want to see a gap/ slit on your Hamsi Pilavı right?

Serve hot. I serve it with lemon and pickles, it's just simply better.... @(^_^)@





loading...

6 comments:

  1. this must be very tasty! anchovies must give a special taste on pilaf! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks delicious. I adore anchovies. Thanks for sharing. All the best. Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that this is the best recipe for anchovies ever! Marvelous presentation and for sure delicious! Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats off to you, lady!! Great presentation. How much I miss this food, can't begin to tell you!!
    If we come to Bursa, will you cook this for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imm çok lezzetli gözüküyor, ellerinize sağlık, Türkiyeden selamlar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merhaba Dilşat :) Benim blog ziyaret için teşekkür ederim

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my G+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I've been writing this blog:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com