♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

STEAMED BANANA CAKE / BOLU PISANG KUKUS




I like the fact that banana has many calcium and one of the best food for our body and diet. Personally, I don't really like to eat them in raw, soft and I think not good for my mouth exercise cause I don't chew much....😊.. I usually make them something like fried banana coated with flour. Or roasted them with chocolate and cheese. and I love "keripik pisang" or banana chips... 

Banana cake? Frankly speaking, I always tried to make them in many different recipes like hundreds of times... believe me.. none of them end up successfully  well d(^_^)b
Never broken heart with this very great, high calcium fruit, I learned and read much literature about banana and how to make it a cake. And this time... Voalllaaa.... I feel I will never fail again handling banana...wohohohoho... and I choose steam method because I love it's the final result, not dry, so moist and fear-free from it'll end up burn in my old oven d(^_^)b -- Just keep eye on water not dry in your steamer, it will be okay.

So here it is.. my Steamed Banana Chocolate chip cake (Cake pisang kukus dengan coklat chip). you can see from picture below, the surface appearance isn't really pretty cause there are dark spot and make small hole.... Well, I'll tell you... I was a little greedy to add more chocolate chips and spread on surface other than that I have already mixed in the batter @(^_^)@ So Please (If you make it) Do not do as I did.. If you want more chocolate, you can mix in the batter, not spread them...

STEAMED BANANA CAKE / BOLU PÄ°SANG KUKUS

Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 /2 cup granulated sugar (for me it's sweet enough, but if you want to reduce or add, just do it a little)
- 1 + 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 medium-size bananas (mashed-I use a fork only)
- 100 gr Margarine-Melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips

:: Alternatively, you can use raisins or mixed dried fruit for chocolate chips.


Method:
1) Heat your steamer. Grease a baking pan size 7 " with butter. Mix and sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Set aside.
2) Beat eggs and sugar until thick, pale and fluffy. mix in flour mixture alternately with mashed banana, stirring gently.
3) Combine the melted margarine. Fold the batter nicely. mix in chocolate chips and stir well.
4) Pour batter into baking pan and steam over medium steam for 40 ~ 50 minutes or until a bamboo skewer inserted, comes out clean. Chill about 5 minutes before being appointed from the pan.
::Note
Wrap the steamer lid with napkin or towels so that moisture will not drip on the cake's surface which will make a hole and your cake won't be pretty..

Enjoy your healthy banana cake! @(^_^)@

loading...

6 comments:

  1. Good to see a steamed cake on a blog - In the UK we have it with custard especially now it's so cold for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline.. thx
    I love steam cake also, beside of healthy reason.. recently I have a little problem with my oven... maybe I should buy new one..:))
    But most of all I love to steam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so lovely and moist. Good idea steaming it instead of the usual baking. Nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ping... Thx. I love baking too, but for me now steaming more fun than baking.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That look so mouthwatering. I got to buy a large steamer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elra ...
    Hurry up.. buy big steamer ! :))))
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected