♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Ordinary Apple pie using Puff Pastry


Puff Pastry... So love it , crispy and unique dough with dozens of layers make it so beautiful......
As 'choux' pastry, this puff pastry also allows us to have more fun by vary them with as many kind of fruits, vegetables, jams, sausages, meat, cheese, and other more your favorite topping and filling. 

From my Puff Pastry basic dough II last time, I made this apple pastry. I tell you, after you have basic dough of puff pastry in your refrig, you will have fun with it @(^_^)@ ... or I'm the only one who like to play with my dough..hehehhe..
For any pastry, I prefer making dough homemade rather than buy ready one. I don't know, for me homemade always better.

Maybe this apple pastry isn't the best good looking apple pastry you ever seen. But the taste is superb for me and my husband d(^_^)b. 
We bough many-like tons-of green apple from farmer market last week cause they were very cheap. So I made some of them for these apple pastry.. Just really comfort us during chill days lately with our hot evening Turkish tea.
Ingredients:
- 1/2 basic puff pastry dough II. Recipes can be found here. Thaw. Or you can use store bought
- 1 kg green apple. Peel and slice thinly crescent.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg yolk +3 tablespoons of milk, beaten and mix well for spread.


Method:
1) Mix the apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, raisins, and cinnamon powder. Stir  until all well blended. Set aside. Preheat oven to 190 deg C
 2) Unfolds the pastry dough. On slightly sprinkle with flour desk , roll dough about 1/2 cm thin. Cut about 10 cm wide and 20 cm long.
3) Arrange the apple slices and raisins over the pastry. Then cover with another pastry that has been shortly slice in middle (See illustration bellow). Brush surface with egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until done and the surface become Golden yellow.

::Note
To know your own oven's condition is recommended. Different size and condition gives different heat result.

Enhanced by Zemanta
loading...

2 comments:

  1. I am sure it is lovely with hot Turkish tea on a cold night. It looks warming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are absolutely right Ilke :) Hot Turkish tea always brings warm in our home :)

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected