Puff Pastry... So love it , crispy and unique dough with dozens of layers make it so beautiful......
As 'choux' pastry, this puff pastry also allows us to have more fun by vary them with as many kind of fruits, vegetables, jams, sausages, meat, cheese, and other more your favorite topping and filling.
From my Puff Pastry basic dough II last time, I made this apple pastry. I tell you, after you have basic dough of puff pastry in your refrig, you will have fun with it @(^_^)@ ... or I'm the only one who like to play with my dough..hehehhe..
For any pastry, I prefer making dough homemade rather than buy ready one. I don't know, for me homemade always better.
Maybe this apple pastry isn't the best good looking apple pastry you ever seen. But the taste is superb for me and my husband d(^_^)b.
- 1/2 basic puff pastry dough II. Recipes can be found here. Thaw. Or you can use store bought
- 1 kg green apple. Peel and slice thinly crescent.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg yolk +3 tablespoons of milk, beaten and mix well for spread.
1) Mix the apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, raisins, and cinnamon powder. Stir until all well blended. Set aside. Preheat oven to 190 deg C
2) Unfolds the pastry dough. On slightly sprinkle with flour desk , roll dough about 1/2 cm thin. Cut about 10 cm wide and 20 cm long.
3) Arrange the apple slices and raisins over the pastry. Then cover with another pastry that has been shortly slice in middle (See illustration bellow). Brush surface with egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until done and the surface become Golden yellow.
To know your own oven's condition is recommended. Different size and condition gives different heat result.