What you need:- 2 ~ 3 large onions. Peel and slice into ring approximately 1.5 cm thickness, separate each ring.
- 1 egg, beaten.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Enough Cooking oil for deep frying
How to make:
1) Whisk together flour, corn meal, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the egg and gradually milk. Do not pour all milk if you feel the dough is enough thick and not too thin.
2) Heat enough cooking oil in deep skillet. Take onion and dip into the dough one at the time and fry until crisp and golden brown over medium heat.
3) Drain from remaining oil. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.