Who doesn't like cheese cake? I think everybody like it and even more.. addict of it :)) .. like my hubby.. I think he addict cheesecake or anything made from cheese :))
it's my another recipe of cheese cake beside Brownies tangerine cheese cake, Brownie Cheese cake, Cheddar cheese cake with fruits topping, and other cheese cake you can check on "Cheese" section.
- 1 kg cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 medium eggs (room temperature)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Lemon Zest from 1 medium lemon.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 cup chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted. Plus for greasing springform pan.
- ± 300 g fresh strawberries
- 1 dessert spoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1) Base: Grease your 9 "or a heart shape springform pan with butter. Mix the biscuit crumbs and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in a food processor, mix in sugar until smooth and well blended, combine melted butter, pulse on-off until all well blended. Put biscuit crumbs and press in bottom of the pan. Keep refrigerated until ready to fill.
2) preheat oven to 170 ⁰ C, place the rack in the center of the oven. Use electric mixer, inn large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and both flour until smooth, about 2 ~ 3 minutes. Use medium speed only. Combine the eggs one at a time, beating well each additional. Combine heavy cream, lemon Zest and vanilla extract, beat until just well blended.
3) Pour ½ the batter into the pan with base crust, give 3 ~ 4 tablespoons strawberry jam, make swirl with a knife or a chopstick. Pour again with remaining cheese dough, again give 3 ~ 4 tablespoons strawberry jam and swirl again. Bake with a temperature 170 ⁰ C for about 20 minutes. Then lower the temperature become 120 ⁰ C and continue baking for 1 hour ~ 1 ½ hours until middle of the cheese cake sets.
:: Note: The center of the cheesecake will be a little "wobble" but it's okay.
Turn off oven, open your oven door slightly and leave cheesecake inside it for about 40 minutes.
4) Take the cheesecake from oven, carefully insert a sharp thin knife on the edge between cheesecake and pan to remove cheesecake from pan edges. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator at least 4 hours to overnight before serving or decorated.
5) Before serving / decorated, open the springform pan and remove the cheesecake from pan. Garnish (optional) with whipping cream and strawberry jam on top of it. Cut and serve with pieces of fresh strawberries and strawberry jam.