♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Japanesse style CheeseCake with Lemon Candied Topping


Selam Everybody...Merhaba from Turkey.

Who doesn't like cheese cake? I'm one of you... Fan of it. And if you follow my blog you will notice that mostly my family dessert are cheesecake! 
After tried many kind of cheesecake, today I make different kind from my previous post, it's Japanesse style cheese cake.. try it also in your kitchen and you will find out the different between new york style cheese cake @(^,^)@



Ingredients:
- 200 g cream cheese at room temperature.
- 80 ml ​​whipped cream
- 50 g unsalted butter, plus for greasing pan.
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- Lemon Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs. Separate yellow from white



Topping:
Lemon curd and lemon candied.
or you can use your own favorite fruit jam
Method:
1) Prepare your springform baking pan 8 "(± 22 cm). Grease with butter, cover bottom of the pan with baking paper. Then wrap the outside of pan with aluminum foil to prevent water seeping into the springform pan.
2) preheat oven to 150 ⁰ C, prepare one pan containing enough water and place it on the middle rack (the pan must be wider  and lower than your springform pan)
3) Mix butter, cream cheese and heavy cream in a heavy-bottom saucepan, heat over low heat, stirring until smooth and remove from fire.

4) Mix in both flour and stir well. Then mix in egg yolks and lemon Zest, stirring until well blended.
5) in other clean big bowl ,beat the egg whites until fluffy. Combine sugar, continue to beat until sugar dissolved. Mix in  lemon juice, and finally add salt. Continue to beat until it perform soft peak.
6) Take ⅓ of the egg whites and mix into cream cheese mixture and stir well. Fold the mixture back into egg whites, and mix well until no lump (do not over mix). Pour into prepared springform pan. Bake in au baine Marie (water bath) method. 

::Note, the water level in water bath pan should not more than ⅓ of your springform pan high.
Bake about 1 ½ hours. Test with a bamboo skewer inserted in center of cheesecake, if it comes out clean, you are done. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before unmold from pan.
Spread surface of cheesecake with topping ingredients and garnish with Candied lemon. Store in refrigerator before serving.


Serve with additional lemon curd.
Note: You can use any other kind of jam for this cheesecake



loading...

17 comments:

  1. Wow, the candied lemon and lemon curd caught my fancy...This Japanese style cheesecake looks yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I love lemon curd and bake cheesecake so I am sure this one will be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! All the lemon sounds refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Consider me a new fan of Japanese style cheesecakes! Gonna have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! Buzzed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How puffy and tall this cheesecake is -the texture looks almost fluffy. Awesome-buzz
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think only crazy people don't like cheesecake! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks absolutely delicious :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are an artist...what a beautiful dessert! Double whammy...gorgeous AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Japanese cheesecake is very much lighter than regular cheesecake isn't it? I haven't tried making this before. The lemon curd as a topping sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @pingYes Ping, it's lighter but different from any other cake.. it's just great texture and taste.. You should try it oece ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im also big fan of cheesecakes :) It looks just amazing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you...I love cheesecakes and make them all the time, but they never ever look as beautiful as yours do... you're so talented. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cake! looks much lighter than new york style cheesecake! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Japanese cheesecake is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Citra,

    I love japanese cheecake. The texture is different than NY cheesecake. It's soft and flully rite? Will try baking this one of these days.

    btw, I've uploaded the photo of a sliced hummingbird cake on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm....cheesecake. Love the lemon flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, your cheesecake is so lovely :) I am also a big fan of cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected