Selam Everybody...Merhaba from Turkey.
Who doesn't like cheese cake? I'm one of you... Fan of it. And if you follow my blog you will notice that mostly my family dessert are cheesecake!
After tried many kind of cheesecake, today I make different kind from my previous post, it's Japanesse style cheese cake.. try it also in your kitchen and you will find out the different between new york style cheese cake @(^,^)@
- 200 g cream cheese at room temperature.
- 80 ml whipped cream
- 50 g unsalted butter, plus for greasing pan.
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- Lemon Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs. Separate yellow from white part
Lemon curd and lemon candied.
or you can use your own favorite fruit jam
1) Prepare your springform baking pan 8 "(± 22 cm). Grease with butter, cover bottom of the pan with baking paper. Then wrap the outside of pan with aluminum foil to prevent water seeping into the springform pan.
2) preheat oven to 150 ⁰ C, prepare one pan containing enough water and place it on the middle rack (the pan must be wider and lower than your springform pan)
3) Mix butter, cream cheese and heavy cream in a heavy-bottom saucepan, heat over low heat, stirring until smooth and remove from fire.
5) in other clean big bowl ,beat the egg whites until fluffy. Combine sugar, continue to beat until sugar dissolved. Mix in lemon juice, and finally add salt. Continue to beat until it perform soft peak.
6) Take ⅓ of the egg whites and mix into cream cheese mixture and stir well. Fold the mixture back into egg whites, and mix well until no lump (do not over mix). Pour into prepared springform pan. Bake in au baine Marie (water bath) method.
::Note, the water level in water bath pan should not more than ⅓ of your springform pan high.
Bake about 1 ½ hours. Test with a bamboo skewer inserted in center of cheesecake, if it comes out clean, you are done. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before unmold from pan.
Spread surface of cheesecake with topping ingredients and garnish with Candied lemon. Store in refrigerator before serving.
Serve with additional lemon curd.
Note: You can use any other kind of jam for this cheesecake