It is the simplest dessert I ever make. No time consume, with only using 3 eggs you can get great and delicate dessert such this.. try it! you gonna love it too d(^,^)b
- 3 medium size eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons semolina
- 6 tablespoons of flour, sifted
- 100 g butter, melted (or ½ cup olive oil), plus for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1 package (10 grams) baking powder
For the syrup:
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar (if you like it sweeter you can add ½ cup more)
- 2 slices lemon
- 3 ½ cups water
Mix all syrup ingredients and bring to boil.
1) Grease a baking sheet size 9 "with butter, set aside. Preheat oven to 160 ⁰ C.
2) Using manual whisker, whisk eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved, mix in yogurt and stir well. whisk in semolina, flour, vanilla powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until all well blended. Pour melted butter / olive oil, stirring until well blended. Finally mix the poppy seeds. Continue mixxing until blended and pour in to prepared pan.
3) Bake until golden about 20 ~ 30 minutes. Check with bamboo skewer inserted in center of cake, if it comes out clean it means you can remove from oven.
Note: different oven conditions affect the outcome and duration of baking, recognize the condition of your oven.
4) Once cooked, remove from oven and immediately pour the hot syrup. Let the cake absorbed all syrup.
Can be served with whipped cream even better! @(^,^)@