♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Anything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Turkish Poppy Seeds Semolina Pudding (Rıvani)

It is the simplest dessert I ever make. No time consume, with only using 3 eggs you can get great and delicate dessert such this.. try it! you gonna love it too d(^,^)b



 Ingredients:
- 3 medium size eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons semolina
- 6 tablespoons of flour, sifted
- 100 g butter, melted (or ½ cup olive oil), plus for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1 package (10 grams) baking powder

For the syrup:
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar (if you like it sweeter you can add ½ cup more)
- 2 slices lemon
- 3 ½ cups water
Mix all syrup ingredients and bring to boil.
Method:
1) Grease a baking sheet size 9 "with butter, set aside. Preheat oven to 160 ⁰ C.
2) Using manual whisker, whisk eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved, mix in yogurt and stir well. whisk in semolina, flour, vanilla powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until all well blended. Pour melted butter / olive oil, stirring until well blended. Finally mix the poppy seeds. Continue mixxing until blended and pour in to prepared pan.
3) Bake until golden about 20 ~ 30 minutes. Check with bamboo skewer inserted in center of cake, if it comes out clean it means you can remove from oven.
Note: different oven conditions affect the outcome and duration of baking, recognize the condition of your oven.
4) Once cooked, remove from oven and immediately pour the hot syrup. Let the cake absorbed all syrup.


Can be served with whipped cream even better! @(^,^)@


loading...

13 comments:

  1. It really looks amazing! So bright and sunny! Im saving it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very yummy! Poppy seeds and somolina - what a great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i grew up eating lemon poppyseed cake! this looks just like it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my third attempt to comment. Google is not letting me, so now I'm trying through Firefox.
    Don't know if the first or second comment showed up, but I did want to let you know how much I'm loving your delicate Semolina pudding cake with the poppy seeds, and the delicate lemon flavor and the glaze.
    Also, thank you Citra, for your good wishes on my blog's first anniversary:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how beautifully moist that pudding looks. I love poppy seeds in anything. It will turn a plain dish into something elegant. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of simple! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great item for tea time or brunch! I have some semolina and will need to try it. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the poppy seed addition to semolina pudding! You get that much dessert from only six tablespoon semolina? I am in!
    I love your new look! Sorry I have not been visiting for a while. I am still trying to juggle having a hobby that demands time and a day job. I need to prioritize better and to put visiting your site on the top of the list.
    Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be delicious! I am sure my father will love this dessert. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks moist and delicious :) I've always adored poppy seeds in sweet dishes, I am sure I'd love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that a 9x9 square pan or a 13x9? Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hai Elissa Fanzo..thx for asking.
    You can use either 9 inch square pan or round pan with 9 inch diameter.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my G+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I've been writing this blog:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com