♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Steamed Sponge Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting

It's another order came to me to make another cake. In Turkey cake with decoration like this they call it "pasta". When I got here at first time I got confuse with this "pasta" word because Turkish call "makarna" for Pasta :)) 

Anyway, I made this "pasta" with steamed sponge chocolate as base (recipe as follow). And chocolate frosting as filling between layer and to cover the cake (recipe below). For garnish I use chocolate whipped cream (ready mix).. Since I'm still learning to decorate cake, so here it is my simple chocolate cake decorating .... And thanks God, they liked the cake, both taste and the simple decoration d(^,^)b 



Size of the cake 8 "


Ingredients:
For Chocolate Sponge cake base:
 3 medium size eggs
 ¾ cup caster sugar
 1 ½ cup flour
 ½ cup dark cocoa powder
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 tsp Vanilla essence
 ½ cup whole milk
 ½ cup olive oil (or other vegetable oil)

Grease a baking pan  8" size with butter and set aside. Heat water in a steamer pan over medium heat to produce enough steam. Sift together, flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder, set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until pale and thick. whisk in olive oil, milk and vanilla essence. Turn off your mixer. Fold in flour mixture gradually, fold with spatula until blended and no lump. Pour into prepared baking pan and steam for 45 ~ 50 minutes. Check with bamboo skewer inserted in the center of cake, if comes out clean, you can turn of the heat. Remove cake from steamer and let stand until room temperature before unmold.


For Garnish:
 Whipped cream powder
 ¼ cup liquid milk
 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Whisk all ingredients until thick and set aside in the refrigerator.


For Chocolate Frosting:
 120 gr unsalted butter
 ½ cup dark cocoa 
 3 cups powdered sugar
 ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
 ½ cup liquid milk.
Melt butter, mix in cocoa powder and stir until blended. Stir in powdered sugar and milk alternately, whisk until all well blended. Finally mix in vanilla essence.
If you want a thinner frosting, add a small amount of liquid milk. Or if you want a thicker frosting, the amount of liquid milk may be reduced.
Assembling:
Slice cake horizontally into 2 parts (or 3 part as you want) equally. Spread each surface with chocolate frosting and stack them carefully. Cover evenly entire cake surface with chocolate frosting. Store in refrigerator ± 45 minutes before decorated with chocolate whipped cream.

Store in refrigerator before served.
loading...

9 comments:

  1. Uhmm!!!! Yummmy !!!!!
    Saluti Giulia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful chocolate cake! It looks sooo nice! And I am sure it tasted great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning cake!!! You are a PRO at decorating...truly beautiful and professional! I'd hire you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Citra. Are you sure you're still learning how to pipe? This looks lovely! I wish I could pipe like that. They are all so uniformed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow This is just so pretty! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cake. I like the decorating job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried steaming a cake, but it is tempting after seeing this awesome picture! Great job on decorating. Thanks for sharing this chocolate treat
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah how cool that the cake is steamed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my... look at all that chocolate-y goodness!! YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected