I always keep something in our cookies jar in case if there is family, friends or neighbors come to visit. Or it's just only for accompany our afternoon tea. Mostly chocolate cookies in it... But today I made something else. Since I found many dried fruit in my storage cabin, so why didn't I make them something? like this cookies......Ingredients:
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 gr unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins or seeded sultanas, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roughly chopped dried peaches (if any)
- ½ cup pecans (or other nuts) roughly chopped
How to make:
1) Sift together: flour, salt, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, vanilla powder, set aside. In a large bowl, beat together: butter, brown sugar, and sugar, beat until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition, beat about 3 minutes more.
2) Carefully, mix in dry ingredient mixture alternately with fruit mixture plus pecans (or other peanuts). Stir with wooden spoon or spatula until blended.
3) Place the dough in plastic (I use plastic stretch) and shape it long pipe form (as shown), wrap it carefully and store in freezer about 40 minutes.
Note: you can divide the batter into two equal part and wrap individually.
4) After 40 minutes, take the dough from frezer, slice with sharp knife about 0.5 cm thick. Place in baking tray lined with baking paper, do not forget to give a space about two fingers from each other. Let stand about 15 ~ 20 minutes until cookies are slightly thaw.