Long holiday for Ramazan Celebration... Now I'm back online again.. Been busy since ramadhan cause we change our sleep and eating time. This year, ramadhan (fasting month) at August which is summer time, so we start our fasting break around 20.00 ( mostly I got my fasting break around 18.00 in Indonesia). We slept late around 00.00 or 01.00 then I must wake up again at 03.00 morning for prepare "sahur" (last supper before whole day fasting). After morning pray, we usually sleep again until around 9 or 10 morning. And I couldn't cook & post something new because I couldn't taste them during the day.. hehehe..
Then Ramadhan celebration coming, after we fasting about 30 days (mostly) but this year in Turkey we was fasting 29 days. During Ramadhan celebration (in Turkey called Ramazan Bayram. And we call it "Idhul Fitri" in Indonesian language), most of time we spent time with family, relatives and close friends. We visit each other house, lunch or dinner together also eat A LOT of Baklava! (^,^)
During Ramadhan I gain 4 kilos ! ... :(( *huhuuuhuuu..
You know how hard to loose some weight, but it's VERY easy to gain and gain more weight !
Well.. anyway, I must work harder and eat less to loose some kilo again. So I'll try to make something healthy and less sugar for my snack and dessert. Like this one: Steamed Spiced Cake.. Are you agree this is healthy one? ^,^
1 cup egg whites, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar ( I use only 3/4 cup)
1 tsp lemon juice
tip of a teaspoon fine salt
2 /3 cup canola oil or other vegetable oil
Margarine / butter for grease the baking pan
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
2 ½ dessert spoon ground cinnamon
1 dessert spoon powdered ginger
¼ teaspoon powdered cloves
1 dessert spoon vanilla powder
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ tsp baking powder
Enough cocoa powder (about 5 ~ 6 tablespoons)
1) Heat enough water in steamer/ pan to produces enough steam. Grease 8 inch round pan or square pan (size approximately 20 x 20 x 8 cm), set aside.
2) Whisk egg whites until foamy, whisk in brown sugar gradually while shaken. Whisk in salt and lemon juice, continue to beat until soft peak.
3) Fold in flour mixture gradually alternately with canola oil, stirring until blended through.
Note: do not fold too much!
4) Divide batter into 4 equal parts (I did approximately into 4 cup). Pour the batter into prepared pan, steamed ± 10 minutes. With the help of a small strainer (like tea strainer), sprinkle the surface of first layer with cocoa powder. Pour another batter become second layer,steamed ± 10 minutes and sprinkle again that second layer's surface with cocoa powder.
Repeat it same way to all remaining batter. After latest layer poured in, steamed until cooked about 30 minutes(test with a skewer).
Note: reduce the heat when you sprinkle cocoa powder and pour other layer batter so the steam won't burn your hands. ^, ^
5) Remove and let to room temperature before cut. Store in an airtight container if you want to keep it longer.