But my kid doesn't like gravy one so I decide to make fried version. It's very simple to make and definitely great meal for you who crave asian flavor. You can skip the shrimp at all or just use chicken meat, it's up to any ingredients you have on fridge.
So here the recipe a la me (^,^)
Make about 5 share
- 1/2 packet rice vermicelli (about 200 gr)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or kecap manis/ sweet soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bowl shredded cabbage (about 300 gr)
- 1 small bowl shrimp (about 200 gr), remove the head but do not discard, it will mashed with spices
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 stalk leek, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- about 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 medium carrot, cut matchstick
- 2 medium cucumber, cored and cut matchstick
- 6~7 shallot, halved
- few birdeye chilly
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
>>Make your pickle first. Mix and toss all ingredients and keep in jar with a lid.
How to cook:
- Soak vermicelli in hot boiling water for about 2 or 3 minutes, drain well. Then toss it with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Set a side.
- Heat oil in a wok. Saute the ground spices until aromatic then stir in leek and shrimp. Continue stir-fry until shrimp change red color. Stir in cabbage and add about 2 tbsp water, stir-fry until cabbage wilted.
- Mix in vermicelli and celery, seasoning with salt and sugar (if use). Toss to combine--do not mix/ stir cause it will break your vermicelli-Just carefully toss them with two wooden spoon (or tong) to combine the flavor. Check the taste.
Remove from heat and serve warm with fried egg and sprinkle fried shallot on top. Serve it with pickles, YUMMY!