Selam Everybody.... Merhaba from Turkey...
This is actually my cupcake version of my previous post but with a minor adjustment. You know I love steamed cake. It somehow gives us a soft dense texture but with moist yummy cake. You can check my other steamed cake in "steamed" category. Please do try steam your cake and taste the different.
My today's post is Red Velvet Steamed Cupcake with cream cheese topping. If you are red velvet lover... you come to the right page because I have some other red velvet recipes which I believe will become indulgence your taste.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese frosting. Make it a head and store in fridge.
- 200 gr cream cheese, room temperature
- 150 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 265 gr confectioner (icing) sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
How to make cream cheese:
Cream the butter and cream cheese, whisk in icing sugar gradually-lower your mixer otherwise you will blow the icing sugar on your face! ^,^ Continue beat the cream cheese mixture until well combine and get creamy texture. Whisk in vanilla if used.
Keep in fridge until ready to use (at least 2 hours)
Ingredients and how to make steamed red velvet cupcakes:
- 4 medium eggs
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 130 gr all purpose flour
- 12 gr natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp red food color ( I use liquid one)
- 100 gr butter
- 160 gr white cooking chocolate (WCC)
- Prepare your steamer pan over medium heat to produce enough steam. Sift and whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. set a side. Melted butter and WCC together. You can use double boil or directly over very low heat. Set a side to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale about 10 minutes. Add vanilla essence and continue mixing. Turn off your mixer. Fold in flour mixture alternately with butter+WCC mixture and food coloring. Fold carefully to combine.
- Pour evenly into cupcake mold lie with cupcake paper. Fill it almost full, but not totally full. Steam over medium heat about 15 to 18 minutes. Test with skewer to check when the cake is done.
You can check my other Red velvet recipe:
Red Velvet Macarons with Cream Cheese filling