The tiny chunk make them has more crunchy coating which is my daughter loves it much. and that small chunk very much make her easy to bite.
And here is my recipe based on my Crunchy (brined) Fried Chicken with tiny adjustment.
- about 500 gr chicken meat, skinless, boneless.
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2~3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- about 3 cup of flour (all purpose)
- 3 Tbsp tapioca starch/ potato starch/ corn starch (I use tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Egg white about 50 gr beaten with 3 Tbsp milk OR egg wash from 1 medium egg beaten with 3/4 cup of milk
- Oil for deep fry (plus 1 Tbsp shortening-optional)
1) Cut chicken into small chunks, season with pinch of salt and pepper. Set a side for a while. Meanwhile in other platter, mix together 3 cup of flour, 3 Tbsp tapioca starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, beat egg white with milk, set a side.
2) Heat enough oil + 1 Tbsp shortening (if you use one) for deep fry. Coat chicken chunks with 3 tbsp flour, remove the excess by shaking them good.
3) Dip chicken chunk into egg wash in few batches, then coated nicely with seasoning flour in other platter, fry until golden brown and cook thoroughly. Remove from oil and drain the excess oil.
serve warm with ketchup and mayonnaise or any your fave sauce.