Yes..middle March people in Turkey call it "Bahar karlı" means half spring half winter , from language Bahar=spring. karlı=snowy. But winter is kış mevsim in turkish language (^,^) I miss summer already tough..
I miss warm and long day light..sun shine.. clear sky with many stars at night... yes...I am tropical person in nature, who find my self here like a bear (^,^) ..hide and sleep during winter..hahahahaha...
And yep! ... my post is macarons again..!! (^,^) Who will boring with this tiny adorable things.... in fact I think it's the beginning time for my macarons adventure.
Yesterday I made this Chocolate Coffee macarons with chocolate coffee filling. The coffee flavor was so strong-which I like- together with sweet bitterness of chocolate...it was just great! .Yum..and believe me..you gonna love it too..
And here my recipe for #chocolate coffee MacaronsMake about 30~35 pair (Depending how big you pipe your macarons)
For macarons shells:
- 80 gr egg white ( I use aged leftover egg whites)
- a pinch (about 1/18 tsp) meringue powder (skip it if you don't purchase it)
- pinch of salt
- 60 gr caster sugar
- 140 gr icing sugar
- 80 gr almond flour
- 2,5 tbsp instant granule coffee, mine has strong coffee flavor, reduce if you want less coffee flavor.
- Black gel food color ( I use few drops only, optional)
- Cacao powder for sprinkle over the shells
How to make Macarons shells:
- Put almond meal, icing sugar and coffee granule in food processor with sharp blade and process for 2 or 3 minutes until coffee and almond become powdery smooth. Then sieve twice or three times into a bowl, press with back of the spoon until you get fine mixture. Set a side.
- İn clean mixing bowl (do not use plastic bowl) whisk egg white with, salt and meringue powder until foamy, gradually beat in sugar bit by bit. Continuously whisk until stiff peak and glossy ( about 10 minutes or so). Before turn off your mixer, whisk in black paste color till combine.
- Carefully mix in 1/3 almond mixture to the white, fold until well blended. Then add remaining almond mixture. Fold nicely to well combine. The batter should has lava consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag with round tip (about 2 cm). And pipe to baking tray line with parchment paper approximately 3 to 4 cm in diameter. Note: Or you can draw some circle in piece of paper then line beneath the parchment paper so you can fill that circle with the batter. you can prepare it in a head. Just remember to slide off that paper before baking. (See step by step on my post here)
- After you pipe all batter, bang that baking tray few time to remove air which might trap in the batter. İf you see some obvious bubble in surface of your macarons you can puncture it with toothpick. Let them sit for about 45 to 60 minute (depend on your local humidity and temperature) or until they dry on surface (when you gently touch it surface, it will not stick in your finger). After your macarons gets dry touch, sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Pre heat your oven at 130 to 140 Celsius ( İ turned on my fan also) few minute before baking time (from those drying time). Bake about 15 to 20 minute. You can turn over tray to make even baking after 15 minutes. Test them 1st before you take from oven by press them gently, if it's strong and hard enough they should be okay.
- Cool them completely before remove from parchment paper.
For the Filling I also make coffee chocolate frosting. You can make this filling in a head and store in fridge until ready to use.
Ingredients and how to make it. (it's enough for amount of this recipe)
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 100 gr dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped/ shredded
- 3 tsp instant coffee granule (you can add or reduce 1 tsp for less or more coffee flavor)
- 75 gr unsalted butter
- Put chopped dark chocolate and coffee in medium mixing bowl. Double boil heavy cream just until simmering. Pour it into chopped dark chocolate+coffee mixture, let it rest to melt for few minute--If you find your chocolate not completely melting, slightly double boil it and stir until melt.
- Cream butter for 2 or 3 minute until smooth, slowly add in chocolate mixture. Whisk just until well blended for 1 or 2 minutes more. Store in fridge until it's ready to use.
İf you want to filling and serve later, keep them in zip lock bag and keep in fridge.