Autumn peak here.... even some area in southeast Turkey already snowy... West area like mine just counting the day because after "lodos"/ southwest hard windy few days ago temperature drops so fast..
And comfort food always gets along for these days.... It warm you up and feel light for your stomach. Just like this lentil soup. I enrich lentil with carrot and potato to twist the flavor of this soup.
- 200 gr (about 1 cup) red lentil, wash and drained
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1 medium potato, peel and small cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5~6 cup (depending how thick you want to go) Chicken / meat / vegetable stock or hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- lemon juice and olive oil for serving
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, saute chopped onion until transparent and fragrant. Add in lentil, carrot, and potato cubes, stir for few minutes. Pour stock/ hot water. Cover the lid and let it cook over medium heat until all soft/ tender.
Remove from heat and let soup slightly cool. Use hand blender or put soup into blender and blend it to smooth. Back the soup over medium heat and continue to cook, season with salt. Cook to boil.
Serve hot with lemon juice and olive oil.