♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Anything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Cauliflower potato soup


Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey.

İf somebody asking me what kind of food İ like to make. My answer would be a soup. Yes..There’s nothing like a bowl of soup! for me making soup, is easy and quick dish to prepare for warming our belly than a bowl of healthy soup.

Just like my cauliflower potato soup. This nutritious and hearty soup guarantee will be best start to warm up your family dinner table.


This is super easy and simple soup yet healthy and of course repeatable one.

İngredients:
  • 350 gr cauliflower/about half head of medium one, roughly chopped
  • 200 gr potato, peeled and small diced
  •  cup red lentil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
  • pinch of drıed oregano (you can use fresh one)
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1100 ml ±200 ml broth, depend how thick you wanna go (chicken or beef or vegetable)
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
 for serving:
  • olive oil or butter
  • oregano
  • lemon


How to prepare:

1) İn medium pan heat olive oil over medium heat, sauté chopped onion just until translucent. Stir in the oregano.

2) Add in cauliflower, potato and lentil, stir before adding the broth. İ add my 1st portion of broth (1100 ml). You can add later depend how thick your soup as you like. Cover the lid and cook until all vegetables get soft.

3) Blend the soup until smooth and creamy. İt'll be practical if you use immersion blender like İ did. But you can use your jar blender as well, just you need to wait the soup slightly warm to do so.


4) Bring the soup back to boil. Season with salt. İf you wanna your soup slightly runny you may add some more broth or hot water, it's optional as your liking. Check the taste before turn off the heat.

5) Just before serve, heat enough olive oil (or butter) and oregano in small pan then pour it into serving bowl. Enjoy it with lemon juice as your prefer.

Happy cooking 🍵



*********************************************************************************

Check my other hearty recipes:



Mercimek Çorbası / Turkish Red lentil soup


Terbiyeli Tavuk çorbası ( Creamy seasoned Chicken soup)

Tom Yum Gai (Thai Spicy Chicken Soup) from scratch 















loading...

4 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks so cozy and comforting! I also love your photos - and those bowls are super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup too! There's just something so comforting about soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant color of this soup - looks like it would hit the spot right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a warm and comforting soup - Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my G+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I've been writing this blog:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com