There are many variety of martabak and martabak manis (sweet martabak) is another variant of martabak, also known as terang bulan. It's different from savory martabak, cooked over pan topping/ filling with many variants start from roasted peanut, chocolate and unsalted cheese. You can check other Martabak manis recipe here
This Martabak manis brownies is development and variation from classic martabak manis. People call it brownies it's because addition of chocolate/ cacao which make this Martabak manis become special and surely favorite of everybody. 😄
Make one 30 cm pan
- 250 gr of all purpose flour
- 20 gr cocoa powder
- 50 grams sugar (more if you want it)
- 20 grams of milk powder
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, separated
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 ml of lukewarm whole milk
- 50 gr butter, melted
- 30 gr dark cooking chocolate, melted with butter
- Dark, milk and white chocolate, shredded.
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Almond slice
- granulated sugar
- chocolate sauce
Note: You can very much vary your topping/ filling here according to your liking.
How to make :
1) Melted butter and dark cooking chocolate, set a side. Mix all dry ingredients and 1/4 tsp baking powder in medium bowl, make a well in middle, pour in beaten egg and milk. Start to whisk slowly to combine. Then mix in melted butter-chocolate, continue to whisk to perform smooth batter. Cover and let stand approximately 30 minutes.
2) After 30 minutes, heat one non stick pan (diameter approximately 30 cm) over medium heat, lightly brush the pan with butter. Stir the batter gently, add 1/4 tsp remaining baking powder, mix it well slowly. Then pour it all into pan. Wait until you can see bubble on it's surface. The bubble which appear will make your martabak manis have nice honeycomb effect.
3) After bubbles stop appearing then cover with lid . Cook over low heat until fluffy. Rotate the pan once in a while to even cooking process. Cook until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from heat and filled with your favorite filling/ topping.
To finish it:
While it's hot, brush with butter then sprinkle with granulated sugar. Flush with condensed milk/ chocolate sauce, sprinkle with sesame seed then some chocolate topping you like.
Fold into half circle and cut into pieces. Here, I simply cut into wedges...it's really depend what you like to enjoy it.
Will definitely make it again.....