♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Homemade Chewy and springy Noodles (from egg white only)

Resep dalam Bhs Indonesia bisa diklik disini





Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up on any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.




Another homemade noodle! ... yaayy....
After my last spinach homemade noodle, I and my little girl can not stop to make another experience with homemade noodles.
İf you are my regular reader you might remember my very old post of making this egg noodle here and here
At that time I didn't use a pasta machine to make these egg noodles. 

But today's egg noodle is slightly different in ingredients. Instead of using a whole egg, today I use only egg white. If you can find duck egg that's even better, unfortunately, I hardly can find duck eggs in my local market. I heard duck egg can add a springy and chewy texture to noodles.

But it's okay also if you just use chicken egg, follow my step here and you will get the right texture you want. The key here is not to make your dough too wet. Just enough wet ingredients to pull all flour together- incorporate any clumps of dry flour, that's all. You don't have to knead the dough too much cause it will be very hard to knead.

The kneading process is actually on the rolling process. So we must roll it again and again until the strong gluten develops and gives the chewy texture.



What is noodle? noodle made from an unleavened dough of a strong wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or various shapes, then cooked by boiling or baking. In Asia there are many kind of noodle-based on ingredients, there is an egg noodles, rice noodle, or glass noodle made from starch (such as mung bean starch, yam, potato starch, or cassava starch), and water.
Different from Japanese ramen which only use water mix with alkalinized water (known as kansui in Japan), this Indonesian / Chinese noodle make with egg.
Next time I will post about the Japanese ramen noodle as well.

Noodles were often made from wheat dough. It became a staple food for the people of the Han dynasty (206 BCE – 220 CE). The oldest evidence of noodle consumption was from 4,000 years ago in China.
Italian noodles calls “pasta” is a type of noodle made from ground wheat and or semolina flour and water or eggs.


So here I share how I make homemade egg noodles with a chewy and springy texture. I use chicken egg white, but if you can find duck egg white it's even better.

Homemade Chewy Noodles
By: Çitra's Home Diary

Ingredients:
🍜 100 gr egg white
🍜 150 gr water
🍜 ½Tbsp salt
🍜 1 tsp baking powder
🍜 550-600 gr bread flour (more than 12% protein)
🍜 tapioca or cornstarch for flouring

How:

1.In a small bowl mix egg white and water, and beat to combine. Place flour, salt, and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Or you can do over the clean working table. Make a hole in the middle then pour the wet ingredient.

2. Start to knead until all ingredients incorporate well. Press hard until there is no dry flour anymore. Just pull the dry ingredient that might not clot yet. The dough does look hard and is rather dry but don't add more water.

3. Keep kneading by pressing hard the dough-use your strength 😊, it doesn't need to be smooth. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Then rest in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
Important note:
The dough texture after you mix all ingredients should be hard, dry-look a like, but it should have all the flour come together, that's the right texture to get chewy noodle.

The "kneading" process will be at rolling stage using rolling pin or pasta machine would be very helpful.

4. Take the dough then cut into 4 portions. Do one portion at a time (wrap tightly the other part), using a rolling pin or run over pasta machine (very much help) start to "knead" the dough. 
Start from the thickest, roll it in several times. Initially, the dough will look rough, roll and fold neatly again and again until the sheets look smooth. 
See my picture below, (1) to (2).

This "kneading" step is important for making chewy and springy noodles. Sprinkle with tapioca or corn starch during the rolling  "kneading" process.
Do the same method to other parts until finished, wrap the noodle sheet dough again in plastic wrap and rest for another 30 minutes.



5. Take 1 sheet, roll again several times. Sprinkle with tapioca or cornstarch during the rolling process. At this stage, the noodle dough will be flexible and easier to handle. Roll to desired thickness.
Then cut the dough into noodle shape. I use a small noodle cutting machine. Sprinkle tapioca/starch thinly. Let the noodle aerated dry a few minutes, you can hang them or just lay them over a working table.
Roll the finished noodles according to the desired portion. Let stand to aerated for few minutes again before storing it in airtight zip-lock plastic.

How to keep fresh noodle:

Keep fresh noodles in portion as I mentioned above. Sprinkle the plastic/ container with starch lightly and arrange fresh noodles in it. Just make 1 layer if possible.
This fresh noodle can keep in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.



How to cook the noodle:

Boil water in a big pot (about 2 lt) with 3-4 Tbsp oil. After water is boiling add in 1 or 2 portion noodle as you need. Let it cook for only couple minute (2-3 mnt) , DO NOT too long. Once you see noodle start to floating, strain immediately and wash over running water. Drain it well. You now have ready noodle to cook. sprinkle with some cooking oil to avoid sticking each other.
This pre-cooked noodle can keep in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.

Check my other recipe using this egg noodle at "Pasta and Noodle" category

Happy cooking.


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚


↡ ↡ ↡ ↡  PIN THIS FOR MAKE IT LATER  ↡ ↡ ↡ ↡
HOMEMADE Chewy NOODLE / CARA MEMBUAT MIE TELOR SENDIRI DI RUMAH| Çitra's HOme Diary. #noodle #spinachnoodle #homemadenoodle #membuatmietelor #mietelor #miebayam #resepmietelur #howtomakenoodle #asiannoodle #yumurtaeriste #ıspanakeriste #miebayam #chewynoodles #eggnoodle #mietelorkenyal #homemaderamennoodle #ramennoodle





Check my new video


****************************************************************************************************


You may love this also:


loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected