Boring with daily Turkish food or my Indonesian "sambal" ... (^_^) I feel I want something different to eat these days... but I don't know what...Cold spring make me lazy :p (or I am really lazt..hahahhaa) I want something hot spicy, but simple to make.. You know some Indonesian food need more effort to make @(^_^)@
so... I made this simple, quick and can comfort me a bit in this cold spring in Turkey @(^_^)@
- 1 kg chicken wings, clean and pin-prick with a fork.
Marinate chicken wings with :
- ½ lemon, squeeze the juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt to taste.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 1 handful of dried red chili pepper (or reduce the amount according to your taste). Chop or leave them whole.
- Ginger about 5 cm, Crushed.
- 1 handful roasted peanuts, roughly chopped (I use cashews).
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce.
- 2 tablespoon sherry (I replace it with balsamic vinegar because I doubt on it's "halal" matter)
- ½ cup chicken broth or hot water.
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little water.
- ½ cup cooking oil.
1) Marinate chicken wings with marinade at least 1 hour. Heat oil in deep skillet.Fry chicken wings until cooked (No need too dry). Remove and drain from remaining oil.
2) Reduce that cooking oil used for fry chicken, reserving enough for sauteing. Sauté, garlic, ginger and chili until fragrant. Put in chicken wings, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, balsamic cider, and chicken broth. Seasoning with salt and sugar according to taste. Mix well. Mix in roasted peanuts and stir well.
3) Finally pour in cornstarch solution, stirring until slightly thickened. Turn off the fire.
Serve warm with jasmine steamed rice and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
And now, I'd like to share some awards which my foodies friend passed to me . This award I received few days ago--sorry for late post friend :( . And every award it always makes me more passion for blogging and sharing. And more special award passing this time is I didn't accept two or three awards .... but I have received eight awards at the same time! Thank you very much for POLA in An Italian cooking in the Midwest. who is so generous and caring, to passing her award she received for me. Each award very special for me. Thank you for your friendship and support over these time. Keep on cooking, sharing and blogging!
Hopefully no one missed I mentioned here, if your name (and your blog) is not in the list, PLEASE, DO remind me .. do not hesitate. And if I'm wrong typing your name or blog name, please let me know... here you are:
1) Dian Akbas http://turkishfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/
2) Pauline http://mrsmulfordscakes.blogspot.com/
3) Bergamot http://cookingescapadesanddelights.blogspot.com/
4) Luiz Claudio http://kibe-cozinhandocomamigos.blogspot.com/
- The mom chef http://www.takingonmagazines.com/
- Patty kitchen http://patyskitchen.blogspot.com/
- The Art and Science of Food http://indonesia-eats.blogspot.com/
1) Dimah http://orangeblossomwater.net/
2) Something good http://www.cevabun.ro/blog/
3) Jill Colona http://madaboutmacarons.com/leblog
2) Diet hood http://diethood.com/
4) Eat greek http://eatgreek.net
5) Madeja http://medejos.blogspot.com/
6) Ravie NomNoms http://ravienomnoms.wordpress.com/
1) Mateja ^_^ http://indulginglife.blogspot.com/
2) Yesim kithen
3) Torview http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/
4) Briarrose http://flourdusted.blogspot.com/
6) Shari http://goodfoodweek.blogspot.com/
1) Our eyes eat first http://oureyeseatfirst.blogspot.com/
2) Elisabeth http://foodandthriftfinds.blogspot.com/
3) Mateja ^_^ http://indulginglife.blogspot.com/
5) Tiffani http://comowater.com/
6) Indonesia Eat http://indonesia-eats.blogspot.com/
7) Deniz dalya
8) Letizia Golosa http://letiziagolosa.blogspot.com/
I don’t really understand what’s this award mean “7 Facts”… What 7 fact about? If any body know about it, please do tell me.. But this award goes to you all .
Keep on cooking, sharing and happy blogging!
A n d M o r e ...
For Pola who passed me those reward, I’m going to give you something back.. another reward. I got this award from Mateja ^_^ long time ago--sorry dear friend for keep that award such a long time until I got really more time to write (^_^)—this award I’ll pass for you, enjoy it.