If you are chocolate lover, If you are Brownie lover, if you are red velvet brownie lover, so you must try this one. It's like other red velvet brownie, but... the different are it's steamed, it has chocolate sandwich in between, and more over and it's my favorite.. cream cheese topping !
well... here I share my recipe if you want to experience other red velvet brownie taste and texture...
For the red velvet brownies:
- 4 medium size eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100 g butter, plus for greasing pan
- 80 g white cooking chocolate
- ½ teaspoon powder red food color (more if you need stronger red color)
- Pinch of salt
For Cream cheese frosting:
- 100 g cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 75 g unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- ½ tsp vanilla essence.
For the sandwich filling:
- 80 gr dark cooking chocolate. Melt by double boiling. Or it could use ready peanut butter or chocolate jam.
- Pellets/ granule colorful chocolate for topping up (optional)
A. Make brownies:
Grease 2 baking pan size 15 x 15 x 5 cm with margarine. Heat your steamed pan to produce enough steam. Use only medium heat. Sift together flour and cocoa powder, set aside.
Melt the butter and cooking white chocolate by double boiling. Set aside. Whisk eggs, sugar and salt just until fluffy and sugar dissolved. Whisk in essence vanilla. Combine flour + cocoa mixture alternately with chocolate melting gradually. Finally mix in food color, fold through until well blended and no lumps.
Divide batter into two equal volumes, pour in to prepared baking pan. Steamed each pan one by one each ± 30 minutes. Check with the stick/ skewer if it's comes out clean your brownie is ready to remove from steamer. Leave to room temperature before unmold.
B. Cream cheese frosting:
Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, mix the essence vanilla. Then mix in powdered sugar gradually, beat until well blended and smooth.
Unmold your red velvet brownies, basting one Brownie surface with melted dark cooking chocolate or chocolate peanut butter and stacking with other brownie. Basting the brownies with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with colorful chocolate granule candy.
Enjoy with your love ones @(^,^)@