♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Sesame candy bar recipe / Permen wijen hitam putih

I am so confuse and kinda lost lately cause my little one seems lost her appetizer. She eats less and sometimes pushes her food away... I don't have any idea why... Do you my readers, ever get same problem with me now? Is she boring with her menu? I always try to change menu everyday, even in one day, she will eat 2 or 3 different type of meal plus fresh juice, yogurt and milk.

I didn't want to push her too much. I just try to give her food again after 2 or 3 hours later. Or I will feed her quickly. Then I'm thinking to make a snack which I think full of vitamin and like 'energy booster' for her..so I come up with this candy bar idea. I didn't have any peanut or other kind of nut in my cupboard..just this sesame seeds. Well... I just go ahead...Next time I will make it again with more variant ingredients.

 Makes about 12 bars.

Ingredients:
  • + 1/4 cup white sesame seeds (you can mix with roasted peanut, sunflower seeds, sliced almond, etc)
  • 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds (you can replace all with white sesame seed)
  • 1/4 cup caster sugar
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp corn oil
  • parchment paper/ aluminium foil

 How to:

  1. Roasted all sesame seeds for few minute (about 5 minutes) until it crunchy (actually my sesame seed is roasted one from store, but I re roasted to make it more crunchy). Set a side.
  2. In small sauce pan, mix sugar and water, bring to boil over medium heat. Lower the heat, mix in honey and cook over low heat until bubbling and very brown (it took me about 20 minutes).  Note: how to check your syrup when it is ready or not, drop 1 or 2 drops sugar syrup into small bowl fill with cold water, if sugar syrup getting hard inside that water/ doesn't dissolved means your sugar syrup is done. 
  3. Remove from heat, then stir in oil, mix to well combine (figure 2)
  4. Mix in all roasted sesame seeds (and other ingredients eg. peanuts, sunflower seed, etc- if you use ones). Mix to combine (figure 3)
  5. Pour into prepared parchment paper and flatten with rolling pin about 1 cm thick. Let it cool for few minute. Cut into bars before it completely cool (slightly wipe your knife with oil to prevent sticking). Let it cool completely before store (figure 6)

How to keep/ store your sesame seed candy bars:
Store in an airtight container, making sure each layer is separated by a sheet of baking paper just to prevents sticking.

And I love my kid expression enjoying her first sesame seed candy bar. I didn't ask her to pose with thumb up like that showed that she liked her  snack... (^,^)







loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected