♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Steamed Chocolate Cake from Egg White

Another steamed Cake? well... I think I'm falling in love with steamed cake. I feel the moist and texture is great and becoming my favorite now. Especially when it made from only egg white, steam helps a lot to make it soft and more moist.
Here another recipe from (left over) egg white I have, almost similar with my previous Zebra cake, but this one I bet will be your other favorite too @(^_^)@



Ingredients:
- 250 ml egg whites (from about 6 medium eggs)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dark cooking chocolate or you can use chocolate chips 



Method:
1) Prepare your steamer and basting your 7 " cake molding  with margarine. Set aside.
2) Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder. Set aside.
3) With medium speed, beat egg whites , combine the lemon juice. Beat until half fluffy, add salt. Continue beat at high speed. Gradually mix in sugar while whipped until stiff and shiny.
4) Fold in flour mixture, mix slowly until blended. Slowly fold in olive oil until evenly mixed.
5) Pour half of batter into the molds, steam it for about 10 minutes (just until the surface is not wet). Sprinkle dark cooking chocolate on top, and pour the remaining batter. Steam again until cooked, approximately 30 minutes. Insert bamboo skewer to check.

Enjoy your moist Chocolate cake.
 
loading...

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely cake. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good grief. Now I have to decide between this cake and the zebra cake. I so badly want to try a steamed cake! It looks so moist and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Briar.. thank you.. maybe you should try sometime ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Mom Chef.. maybe you should try this chocolate one 1st..hehehhe... your kids will love it ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most inviting chocolate cake for me! Looks so moist and delicious! You have convinced me to steam rather than bake! The cake will never burn or over dry! Thanks for making this fabulous cake.
    Happy 2011 to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything about steam cake. Now on the list for me to test from your recipe cabinet are, cheese steam cake, zebra cake and definitely this one. Will feedback you once I've done with all these. Thanks again for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Paty's Kitchen - Cook with passion. You are most welcome Patty.. Glad that U willing to try my recipe, hope it work for U.. I'll be waiting your post using this recipe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Paty's Kitchen - Cook with passion. You are most welcome Patty.. Glad that U willing to try my recipe, hope it work for U.. I'll be waiting your post using this recipe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Paty's Kitchen - Cook with passion. You are most welcome Patty.. Glad that U willing to try my recipe, hope it work for U.. I'll be waiting your post using this recipe ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected