And today I cooked one of them this stir-fry mix with beancurd sheet. I just love it. It's simply and quick dish to make and comfort me enough during "getting cold" days in this fall in Turkey.
Make 2~4 portions
- About 300 grams napa cabbage, roughly cut (I separated middle stem from leaves)
- 1 sheet of bean curd, soak in water for 5 mnts, drain and roughly cut in smaller pieces.
- About 150 grams of chicken breast/ leg, cut lengthwise
- Chicken / beef / fish meatballs 4 ~ 6 pieces, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame, plus for sprinkle when serve
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
How to make:
1. In a wok, heat oil and sesame oil. Put in 1 Tbsp sesame seed, stir fry for1 minute, put in chicken, cooked until color change and chicken cooked trough for few minutes. Stir in onion and garlic, stir fry until fragrant and wilted.
2. put in meatballs and bean curd sheet, stir fry one or two minutes. Stir in napa cabbage's stem. Cook until it wilted and soft ( I like my vegetable slightly crunchy).Then put in the leaves, season with salt, sugar, black pepper, and fish sauce. Stir fry until leaves wilted too for few minutes. Check the taste. Turn off the heat
3. Sprinkle with sesame seeds when served.