♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Indonesian Honeycomb Caramel Cake / Bolu Sarang Semut (cake karamel)



Selam everybody..Merhaba from Turkey....



Sarang semut mean ants nest in Indonesian or others call this bolu karamel (caramel cake). I think you already get idea why it calls "ants nest" :)

Before  put into the oven, I let the batter about 3 hours so "the crater nest" or honeycomb will perfectly formed. 

And beware cause this cake is kinda addictive cake. Once you eat it, you gonna love it and you will make it more and more.... ^,^ real story!


Indonesian Honeycomb Caramel Cake / Bolu Sarang Semut (cake karamel)

Making this actually really simple. But for some people might be a bit tricky especially making caramel correctly and not burning it. So for you who already make caramel-like dozen times, I think it wouldn't be a problem for you.

Sorry for this post I didn't put step by step photo cause I'm kinda bit busy doing something else while making this cake. Maybe next time I'll add some step by step picture to guide you more clear. Meanwhile bookmarked this recipe cause you gonna love this cake!

Make 1 loaf pan

Ingredients:
      for caramel

  • 250 gr caster sugar
  • 200 ml hot water
      Ingredients B
  • 6 medium eggs
  • 1/2 tsp caramel essence (you can substitute with vanilla)
  • 150 gr all-purpose flour
  • 1 + 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 140 gr condensed milk
  • 100 gr salted butter, melted and let cool t room temperature ( if you use unsalted one, add pinch of salt )

How to:

1 Make caramel. Spread sugar in heavy bottom wide pan, put on very light heat stove. Let sugar caramelize slowly without stirring it. After all sugar dissolve and brown in color add hot water very slowly. You can stir slowly until all dissolve and blended well. Turn off heat and let it cool to room temperature.


2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, caramel essence and salt (if use). I use manual whisker just until eggs loosen and well combine. Mix in condensed milk, mix well. Sift in flour and baking soda, mix well to combine. Mix in melted butter, mix well to combine. And then mix in the caramel, mix it well till combine. Cover the bowl with plastic stretch or napkin and let it 2~3 hours ( I did it 3 hours).

Note: batter will be thin

3. Pre-heat oven at 170~180 deg C. Spray your loaf pan with cooking oil, cover with baking paper then spray baking paper with cooking oil and lightly powdered with flour. Mix the caramel batter slowly then pour on baking pan. Bake for about 45~50 mnt or until skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.
Note: recognize your oven condition.
Let it cool completely before unmold and slice.

Enjoy.


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚


 
loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected