You can check my other köfte recipe:
İçli Köfte/ Domates Fesleğen Soslu İçli Köfte
Marcimek koftesi, and
And today I made this Ekşili köfte ( Sour Saucily meatball). It's one of Turkish traditional daily meal. It's small meatballs cook in tomato sauce with potatoes. Some people also add carrot in it sometimes. One of comfort food which has sour and fresh flavor, really suitable in any occasion in any weather.
Serve: 4~5 portions
- 2 medium potatoes (wedge or cubes or round shape like mine)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste (pasta tomat)
- salt and sugar to taste
- enough cooking oil for sauteing
- Beef broth / hot water around 1,5~2 lt
- chopped parsley (for serve spread over)
- About 350 gr minced meat ( I use minced beef with 20% fat)
- Around 2 Tbsp bread crumb
- 2 Tbsp rice (small grain) or Koftelik bulgur
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 medium egg
Mix and knead all meatball ingredients. Shape small round like a marble. Set a side.
- In a big pot, heat enough cooking oil add chopped onion, stir fry for few minutes until wilted and aromatic. Mix in tomato paste, mix for 1 minute before add broth / hot water.
- Add potatoes and meatballs. Seasoning with salt and sugar (to taste). Cook for about 15~20 mnts and until potatoes get soft.
- Serve warm with sprinkle or chopped parsley and bread. Afiyet Olsun :)