♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Cheesecake between Red Velvet Cake for our wedding anniversary

This is not too late post--I think. Yes, me and my husband just celebrate our wedding anniversary. At this 28th August we celebrate our 5th year, love and respect each other, live and rowing our small boat facing-sometimes ripple waves- and sometimes big waves and scary wind. I know it's still too much too young to reach our dreaming island...but at least this 5th year we can remember that we are still rowing same boat to go to the same way.

Nothing is easy in our marriage. We came from different place! Totally different culture, different language, different nationality, different taste... My husband is Turkish and me my self is Indonesian.  If you understand what I mean, person who came from different background is never easy to walk together with at same rhythm... 
The things we have in common is only care, love and good willing to reach blessing of Allah.

 I  knew my husband around 2004 ... We knew each other from Internet. It took us so much time to finally decided to be together in holy marriage. Many things had to think about and calculated.... But hey... love is not a math that we can calculate😍 
I'm not exactly remember why we decided (finally) to marry .... after my first visit to Turkey in 2008, one year after that I married my husband 😃



Well, enough about old story of us.. I'll tell you many thing again later... We just want to grateful to Allah that we are still now having each other with great love from HIM.
So for just remembering our 5th year of marriage, I made this cake. I know my husband likes cheesecake a lot s much s he likes chocolate cake... so I decided to make this Red velvet cake with cheesecake in between. For garnish, I use classic vanilla butter cream flowered with small red fondant flower (I have small amount of -don't know what to do-fondant in my refrig).

I made cheesecake 1st a day before and kept it in my refrig one night before stack it with red velvet cake the day after. I use 8" pan for both red velvet and cheesecake.

 Recipe for Cheesecake:
  • 500 gr, room temperature cheese cream
  • 150 gr granulated sugar 
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 eggs (large)
  • 160 ml of buttermilk

Pre heat your oven at 180 C. Prepare your 8" springform pan laid with baking paper at bottom side.

Place cream cheese in a bowl. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes until smooth, soft and creamy. Add sugar, beat for another 5 minutes. Add the salt and vanilla, beating after each addition. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Mix in both flour, mix again. Add buttermilk, beat until just incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Pour the batter in springform pan.

Take one low pan and put at the bottom of your oven, fill it with hot water. Put a rack on that pan with water where you will bake your cheesecake. I like this method instead of immerse my springform pan in water.... uufff.. I hate water leaking inside my cheesecake :)

Bake for about 90 mnts or until set. Turn off heat, and slightly open your oven door to let your cheesecake cooling down inside oven.

Chill it in refrig one night.




For the red velvet cake I use recipe from here. But instead use(2pcs) 9" pan, I use 2pcs of  8" pan.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened, cocoa powder
  • 2 cups sugar (*I used 2  3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup vegetable oil ( *I use sun flower oil)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (*I use 1 tsp vanilla powder)
  • red food coloring, depends how deep you want the color
  • 1 teaspoon of vinegar
  • ½ cup of prepared plain hot coffee 
How to:
Preheat oven to 160 C.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine sugar and vegetable oil. Mix until all sugar moist and wet.
Mix in eggs, buttermilk and red food coloring until combined.
Stir in hit coffee and white vinegar.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
Generously grease and flour two round, 8 inch cake pans with shortening/ margarine and flour.
Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
Let pans cool on a cooling rack until the pans are warm to the touch.
Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool.
Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.

~Note~
Be sure to not over bake! Check the cake at 30 minutes as some ovens run really hot.
Cakes are really moist and you may need to refrigerate them to firm them up before stacking and frosting.



Red Velvet Cake recipe from Divas can cook



Classic Vanilla butter cream frosting:

  • About 800 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
  • About 100 gr whipped cream powder (optional)
  • About 6~8 cup sifted icing sugar
  • 4~6 Tbsp heavy cream (thickness of the butter cream is according to your desire)


In big bowl beat butter until creamy, beat in sift icing sugar and whipped cream powder (optional), beat to perform creamy and soft butter cream. Gradually add heavy cream one spoon at a time while beat well until you reach thickness as you want.
Keep in refrig before use.

How to assemble the cake:
Put 1 red velvet cake on a plate with thin layer of butter cream so that cake will not slip. Spread more butter cream on to it, spread it with spatula evenly. Careful stack your cheesecake then spread butter cream cream again on to the cheese cake before stack with other red velvet cake. Cover entire cake with butter cream. Chill it first in refrigerator before decorate as you want.
Keep the cake in refrigerator one night before cut/ serving.

This cake serve about 12~15 pcs.
loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected