Merhaba from Turkiye.. Hope you are all happy and in well healthiness...
Warm and shinny weekend here in my place. But my husband must go for work overtime due to many jobs calls him for working this weekend... kinda lonely cause we can not spend our weekend as usual together.
My daughter kept asking me to go out to park because maybe she was boring playing without her baba in home. So we went out just for fresh air. Then I saw a truck seller selling banana, maybe they brought those banana directly from it farmer (Banana field in Tukey mostly in Mersin area).
They were selling banana quite cheap than usual I bought from market or traditional market. They sold 2,75 tl per kilo (usually banana price can be 3,5 up to 5 tl per kilo).. I didn't know why they were selling cheap...But anyway I bought almost 2 kilo for 5 tl (turkish lira)
They idea is come from dutch doughnut- Oliebollen which I usually make. Oliebollen contains apples and sultana/ raisin...so I make it with banana instead.... And it's surprising me how good and tasty this snack is... try it..You'll love it also ! (^,^)
Make about 20 fritters
- 4 to 5 medium Banana
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 200 ml + 60 ml warm water (or milk)
- 15 gr sugar
- 15 gr butter, soften in room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/ vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Oil for fry
- icing sugar for dusting
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar and yeast, add 200 ml warm water and knead just until smooth. Knead in butter, vanilla and salt. Then remaining 60 ml water, continue knead/ mix until the dough become smooth and elastic batter, about 15 minutes. The batter will be quite wet and messy. Note: You can knead with hand or electric stand mixer.
- Let the dough rest about 20~30 minutes. Cut banana 1 cm thin.
- Heat enough cooking oil in small deep pan, put few cuts of banana in batter then spoon into hot oil, fry just until golden red. Remove from heat and drain the excess oil on paper towel.