♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

DIY Non toxic water color for kids

"Family is like branches on tree, We all grow in different directions yet our root remains as one"

Selam Everybody....Merhaba from Turkey......

Out door activities in my opinion is the best thing to do for our kids. I was grew up in tropical country with mostly sunshine almost whole year... Even when it rainy season, me  and my siblings also some neighbor's kids played under the rains without worrying and guilty feeling from our parents.... and guest what?! We hardly ever got heavy/ serious sickness due to those activities.

Maybe because playing out side require many physical activities which influence increasing immune system for our body. And beside that out door activities may reduce kid's stress.

And kids in my era (around 70~80's) there was not any electronic gadget like phone or any fancy toys like now days. We were simply happy play with mud, sand, kite, bike, snail, grass or anything we found ^,^
Surely every kids have their own era just like we do. 

My kid doesn't go to school yet, hence in summer time regularly I take her to park to play. But sometimes even in winter with thick snow I'll let her play with snow for few minutes. But that's it... not really much can do out door in winter.. so mostly I tried to make her busy in home. 


I didn't buy her many toys but some musical toys, puzzles, and coloring books. And seems coloring pencil already bore her, so I found this interesting and non toxic water color from planetpals.com
Please do visit that site and you'll find many interesting projects for you and your kid.

Homemade non toxic water color
Adapted from Planetpals.com

Tools you will need:
  • Ice cube mould tray
  • Mixing bowl
  • wooden spatula

Things you'll need:

  • 3 tbsp baking soda 
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch 
  • 3 tbsp white vinegar 
  • ½ tsp light corn syrup (or simply boil one cup sugar and ½ cup water until clear) 
  • food coloring 

Directions:
  1. Combine baking soda, cornstarch and vinegar and add corn syrup/sugar substitute. 
  2. The mixture will be fizzing, allow the fizzing to subside and mix completely 
  3. Share the mixture evenly into ice cube mould, add food coloring to each section ( I use toothpick to add color and mix )
  4. Leave out to harden for three hours. 
Make sure you add the food coloring right away, as the paint starts to solidify almost immediately

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected