♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Turkish Food Recipe; Dil Söğüş / Boiled Sliced beef (ox) tongue

 


Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up on any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.

Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue

Dil means tongue, söğüş means cold slice/ cut in English.

Söğüş, (read sou-uush) which dates back to the Ottoman cuisine, has been identified with Niğde city, central Anatolia. 

Cold cuts made from lamb's head are a mixture of offal. In order for the food to be well cooked, the method of cooking in the pressure pan is also used. 

Another name for this dish, which is frequently consumed in İzmir, is 'tandırbaş'
It is usually served cold and served as a wrap in lavash bread. 

Since it has a high protein and iron value, it should be consumed once a month.

Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue

As I mentioned above, the dish is made from the whole lamb's head including tongue and brain. The best part is the cheek meat part.

But today I will share söğüş dish only with tongue version. I use the beef tongue for my söğüş since it's my husband's fave. 

Different from the street food version-which is chopped then wrap in lavash flatbread, our home version dil söğüş is simpler. Just thinly slice the cooked beef tongue then serve with a sprinkle of dried thyme and chili flake. Some salt could enrich the flavor.
Some fresh vegetables and herbs also serve as a side dish. Here I serve my "dil söğüş" with green chili pepper, onion, tomato, parsley, and lettuce. Enjoy it with bread or flatbread.









Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue

Making this dish is really easy and simple. All you need is to cook the beef tongue with some herbs until buttery soft. You can use a pressure pan for faster cooking. 
I cook my beef tongue in a normal pan and took about 2 and a half hours. You may need a longer or shorter time to cook depends on how big your beef/ ox tongue is. Some said 30 minutes per pound, some said an hour. 
Personally, I didn't really use a timer or whatsoever, İ just cooked and check my beef (ox) tongue periodically and test it by inserting a big fork in the thickest part of the tongue, when it easily slip off from the fork it's done.


And here is the recipe.


Turkish Food Recipe; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue
By: Çitra's Home Diary

Ingredients:
  • 1 beef tongue about 1,7 kg
  • 1 onion, quarter
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2-3 bay leaf
  • 1½ tsp salt ( 1 tsp per kg) 
  • 3 Tsp black and red whole peppercorns (you can use only a black one)
Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue

How to make:

Wash clean tongue. Remove excess fat from the base of the tongue. If you find any bone or gristle don't forget to remove it as well.

Put the tongue with other ingredients in a pan and cover with enough hot water. Put on the lid and cook over medium-high heat. As I mentioned above I didn't check how long I cooked the tongue. The bigger tongue the longer time needed. Just check periodically after an hour or so per one big tongue (about 1 kg).

Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue

Using a big fork, insert in the thicker part of the tongue, if it's tender and slips off easily, it's done. 

Discard the water and let it chill completely.
After cool enough to handle, gently peel off the tongue skin. Also, trim some excess fat.

Slice the beef tongue about 1-2 cm thick. Arrange over a serving plate. Generously sprinkle with dried thyme or oregano and chili pepper flake.
Serve with salad; sweet onion, green chili pepper, parsley, and tomato.

Afiyet Olsun, Bon apetite.



Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚

PIN THIS FOR MAKING LATER 
 ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
Turkish Food Recipe ; Dil Söğüş / Boiled  Sliced beef (ox) tongue | Çitra's Home diary. #cookingwithoffal #beeftonguerecipe #turkishfoodrecipe#dilsöğüş #söğüş #easyrecipe #resepmasakanturki #howtocooktongue




























loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected