♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Blood orange upside down pudding

Selam everybody...merhaba from Turkey

Pudding and syrup are really perfect for this weekend evening dessert today, but I am a little disappointed with the Candied orange blood. There is a slight bitter taste in it, I have no clue about it. I peeled it's skin, has been seeded as well, but after I candied them, I tasted slightly bitterness :(

But overall, my husband and I are satisfied with the look and taste .. Maybe anyone can help me to avoid the bitter taste in Candied (blood) orange in my recipe?


 Blood orange candied ingredients:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 / 2 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 / 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Food yellow / orange color (if desired). I do not use it, so mine is clear colorless syrup.
- 2 pieces of blood orange large size. Peeled. Slice crosswise about 1.5 cm thick (1 orange into 4 or 5 slices). Discard any seeds.


How to make Candied orange:
1) With a medium heat, heat sugar, water, and lemon juice in a non-stick pan until sugar dissolves.
2) Add butter and stir slowly until melt. Put in slices of blood orange.
3) Without stirring, cook over medium-low heat about 7 minutes. Turn off heat and drain the orange of the syrup.

Other ingredients:
- 200 gr unsalted butter. Softened.
- 3/4 cup caster sugar.
- 7 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt.




Method:
1) Grease a baking dish 7" sized with margarine. Arrange drained candied blood orange on the bottom of pan, set aside. Pre-heat oven to 160 deg C.
2) mixed and sifted flour, salt and baking soda. set aside
3) Beat butter and sugar until smooth and sugar dissolves completely. Add eggs one at a time, stirring constantly. Continue beating until dough is soft.
4) After batter smooth and completely mixed, mix in the flour mixture slowly. Mix well.
5) Pour the batter into the pan slowly.
6) Bake in 160 deg C for about 45 min or until 
inserted toothpick/ bamboo skewer comes out clean.

Note:
Know your own oven character . Different size and condition gives different heat result.

To serve:
Cut the pudding and pour with the syrup. Can be served warm or cold.



Enhanced by Zemanta
loading...

7 comments:

  1. Blood organge, this is the first time I heard about this orange. Thanks for sharing, now I learnt another new fruit :-)
    The color of the dessert so vibrant, very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully colored pudding! I love blood oranges, and the tart sweetness they give to things! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cake, they look like little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this - sorry I can't help on the Blood oranges as traditionally they are more bitter and we use them in marmalades but the colours are wonderful - the sweetest orange we have here is the Valencia spanish orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. I'm sorry to hear there was a slight bitter taste though..not sure where that would have come from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank U to all my friends for the comment and opinions ..
    I'm still looking for reason and trying remove the bitterness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooooooo pretty! (And sounds delicious! I LOVE blood oranges!)

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected