♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Kue Keju Kukus ( Indonesian Steamed Cheese Cake)

Yes, it's Steamed Cheese cake. Of course it's different from other cheese cake that you ever seen-e.g New york cheese cake or German cheese cake. 
But this "Kue Keju" - that we usually call it- already become my favorite (and everybody Else's fave) since I was a kid. Mostly we use cheddar cheese for this cake and for some other cakes/ desserts. I think it's the easiest cheese to find in Indonesia. We eat and make anything with this kind of cheese. Of course there are also other kind of cheese, but this one- I think- is most common one since I was a kid until now.

When my huby saw me made this cake, he asked: Is it for dessert or main course? @(^_^)@  Because he usually eat this cheddar cheese with bread as main meal. Well.. after he eat and taste it... he said it's differently delicious.. hahahaha...


Ingredients:
- 2 eggs 
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 cup grated unsalted cheddar cheese
- 100 gr unsalted butter. Melted.

For the toppings and garnishes:
- ready-made whipped cream
- Enough Shredded unsalted cheddar cheese
- chocolate chip or fruit canned Cherry.



Method:
1) Prepare your steamer pot, fill with enough water and heat over medium heat. Grease a 7" baking pan (springform pan) with butter. Set aside.
2) Sift and mix together: flour, milk powder, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
3) Using electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar. Mix in salt and beat again until thick,pale and fluffy. Mix in the flour mixture gradually, stirring with mixer with on-off method until flour mixture finish.
4) Mix in grated cheese, mix on-off until blended.
5) Gradually pour melted butter and fold with a spatula until blended. Pour into a mold and steam over medium heat for about 45 minutes. Test with a bamboo skewer, if it is not sticky, the cake is ready to remove from pan.
::Note
Always Wrap your steamer lid with napkin or towels so that moisture will not drip on your cake's surface which will make bad surface .


Let cake cool completely before given a garnish.
Brush the entire surface of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Canned Cherry will be more beautiful to decorate your cake. But here I just use the existing supply of chocolate chips


Bon apetite @(^_^)@












loading...

13 comments:

  1. The best looking cake I've seen this season!!! Exquisite taste I must say! Love the shredded cheese topping, goes so well with every slice! Excellent recipe to follow!! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely will love this one, sweet and salty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. I've never seen anything like it before, nor heard of this kind of preparation.

    Thank you for taking us through the process and sharing this amazing dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cantik sekali cake ini!
    I love the idea of steam cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job. The cheddar cheese would give it a great twist of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moist and delicious! The shredded cheese on top really makes this cake outstanding...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cheesecake and this one is better: as it's STEAMED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would use the same words probably, differently delicious :)
    Looks great Citra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting cake :) really difficult to believe sweet cake with cheddar cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steamed cakes are amazing - moist, soft, and delicious! Your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! I've never made a steamed cake before and am excited to try this method! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected