Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey...
Kue kering Putri Salju literally means White Snow cookies in Indonesian language. Well, I guess you already notice why it call White snow cookies right? @(^,^)@.
It's very popular among Indonesian especially in some Holiday occasion (Idul Fitri and Christmas) beside Kaastengels, Nastar, pastel mini and other traditional Indonesian Cookies.
- 150 g butter, soften at room temperature
- 100 gr margarine,soften at room temperature
- 1 cup (150 gr) powdered sugar
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 cup (100 gr) roasted peanuts / almonds / cashew nut meal
- 2 ¾ cup (350 gr) low-protein flour
- 2 tablespoons (15 gr) powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons (20 gr) cornstarch
- Enough icing sugar for sprinkling / cookies topping.
How to make:
Beat margarine, butter and powdered sugar until blended. Whisk in egg yolks,beat until pale (about 3 ~ 5 minutes). Combine peanut / almond / cashew nut meal, stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon.
Preheat oven at 160 ⁰C , bake cookies until done and slightly brown on both surfaces (approximately 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and let a few minutes until slightly warm, then put them in plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake together to make all cookies covered by powdered sugar .
Arrange them in airtight jar. You may sprinkle them again with powdered sugar on each layer in jars.