İ saw on internet you can use a pan with a lid to make even your cake surface during baking. Or there is "strip bake even" from w*lto*. This strip you can Wrap around your pan during baking.
So İ want to have that nice flat surface too on my cake but İ don't purchase those things. So İ saw some people make their own strip.. yes, That's it. İf you don't have ready to use (and fancy) w*lto* "strip bake even" you can make it by your own. All you need is just old kitchen towel. Cut lengthwise (depend on your pan size)-- give some spare, you can always adjust the length later. Just before baking dump that towel with water and Wrap it around your baking pan. And other thing you will need is a pin to secure the towel after you Wrap it on your pan. That's it...try it..and you will get perfect flat cake.
Now let's talk about my moist and yummy lemon cake. Today İ bake a lemon cake for decorate later. Easy yet delish cake you'll ever bake..
Let's go to the kitchen.... ^,^
Make 1, bundt pan or 8" round pan.
- 180 gr all purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks from medium size eggs, room temperature
- 5 egg White, medium sıze eggs room temperature
- 125 gr + 125 gr caster sugar (you can add up to 20gr)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon, zest and juice about 2 or 3 Tbsp
- 90 ml sunflower oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 115 gr room temperature soft butter + for grease your pan
- 1 tsp lemon essence (optional) or vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 160C. Brush your bundt or pan generously with butter. Damp your prepared towel strip and Wrap around your round pan (if you use round pan) set a side
2.Sifted together flour, salt and baking soda into medium bowl, stir in 125 gr sugar and lemon zest. Set a side.
3. Put very soft butter on other mixing bowl, slowly mix in sun flower oil. Stir in egg yolks, keep mix it to combine. Stir in zest, juice and lemon essence, mix well after each addition. Add this mixture to flour mixture all at once. Mix to well combine.
4. Beat egg whites until foamy, gradually beat in remaining125 gr sugar until glossy stiff peaks form. A bit of whipped egg rubbed between fingers feels smooth, not gritty.
5. Fold 1/3 of whipped whites into yolk mixture until evenly mixed. Then fold in remainder just until streaks almost disappear. Pour into prepared pan, smooth top.
6. Bake in centre of preheated oven for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in cake middle comes out clean. Cool cake completely before unmold.
Enjoy your yummy moist lemon cake.