Again..İ'm sensitive person ^,^ --even in baking.
Anywaaaayyyy... today's post is my first macarons. And since İ still keep my lemon curd from last batch so İ had an idea to make lemony macarons to gets along with my lemon curd as filling later. The recipe İ took from many other's people journal about macarons..many people's note about it.. tricks and tips ... and mostly the came up with almost same recipe which you can browse also around the net. Just note from me: Don't be afraid baking your macarons, it's not as bad as you think ^,^
After succeed with my first attempt.. definitely there will be another second or third and fourth... need more practise to perfect my macarons.
And here the recipe:
Make about 50~52 pair (depending how big you piped your macarons)
For macarons shells:
- 80 gr almond flour
- 140 gr icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 80 gr egg white ( İ didn't aged my white even some notes ask to aged the white)
- 60 gr caster sugar
- some drops lemon essence (optional, you can go with other flavor)
- some drops yellow color (you can go with other color)
Lemon curd, recipe you can see here. But you can choose any your favorite filling.
How to make Macarons shells:
- İn food processor put icing sugar and almond flour, pulse few times. Sieve twice or three times into a bowl, press with back of the spoon until you get fine mixture. Set a side.
- İn clean mixing bowl whisk egg white until foamy, whisk in lemon juice while still continuously whisking. Gradually mix in sugar bit by bit. Continuously whisk until soft peak and glossy ( about 10 minutes).
- Carefully mix in 1/3 almond mixture to the white, fold until well blended. Then add remaining almond mixture together with food color and essence. Fold nicely to well combine.
- Transfer to piping bag with round tip (about 2 cm). And pipe to baking tray line with parchment paper approximately 4 cm in diameter. Note: Or you can draw some circle in piece of paper then line beneath the parchment paper so you can fill that circle with the batter. you can prepare it in a head. Just remember to take that paper before baking.
- After you pipe all batter, bang that baking tray few time to remove air which might trap in macarons. İf you see some obvious bubble in surface of your macarons you can puncture it with toothpick. Let them sit for about 30 to 45 minute or until the dry on surface (when you gently touch it surface, it will not stick in your finger).
- Pre heat your oven at 140 to 150 Celsius ( İ turned on my fan also) few minute before baking time (those 30 to 45 mnts). Bake about 15 to 20 minute. Test them 1st before you take from oven by press them gently, if it's strong and hard enough they should be okay.
- Cool them before remove from parchment paper.
İf you want to filling and serve later, keep them in zip lock bag and keep in fridge.
Start baking your macarons and enjoy ^,^