♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe



Selam everybody..Merhaba from Turkey.

Asian style dish is always my prefer. Just like this restaurant style dish-Sesame chicken. 
Today I am going to share sesame chicken rice bowl. The dish seems look alike general tso's chicken, but it is different actually in taste where this sesame chicken has more on sweet and light sour rather than spicy.

For the vegetable side dish I made simple shredded carrot and napa cabbage dressing with my simple version of thousand island dressing. It's just perfect for the sesame chicken.

This take away style dish amazingly easy and relatively quick to make So if you are asian food's fan as well I am sure you are going to love this. (^,^)



Serve 2
Ingredients:
  • 8 oz (250 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 1 tbsp oil 
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 clove garlic, minced 
  • White sesame, for garnishing
Batter for chicken:
  • ½ cup (65 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
  •  ¼ cup cornstarch
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg white ~~ I use left over white about 50 gr
  •  cup (80 ml) cold water 
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil 
  • Pinch of salt
  • Oil for deep fry

Mix all batter ingredient (except oil for deep fry) in medium bowl. Using balloon whisk mix until combine and smooth.
Add the chicken into the batter, stir to evenly coat with the batter.

Heat enough oil in a wok or a stockpot for deep-frying. Gently drop the chicken into the oil and loosen them up immediately with a spatula to prevent the chicken from clumping together. Deep-fry the chicken to a golden brown. Draining the excess oil by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.

Ingredients for the sauce:
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar ~~ I use apple vinegar
  • 4 tbsp sugar ~~ I use brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  •  cup (80 ml) tablespoons water
Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce until well combined. Set aside.


Finishing:

In a wok or skillet heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil over high heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in sauce mixture and continue to cook until the sauce thickens.
After the sauce get thickens add the fried chicken into the wok or skillet. Stir continuously until all the ingredients are well coated with the sauce. 
Serve immediately with steamed rice, garnish with sesame seeds.

For salad:
  • about 2 cup shredded napa cabbage
  • 1 medium carrot, julienne cut
Dressing:
  • 4 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1~2 tbsp ketchup
  • fresh squeeze lemon/ lime juice
  • salt and sugar to taste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
mix vegetable and dressing over medium bowl. Serve it fresh immediately. 


******************************************************************

Check my other yummy recipe:

Money bag Dumpling


Crunchy Teriyaki Chicken Rice bowl / Ayam saus teriyaki


Gurame Asam manis /Carp or sea bream in Sweet and sour sauce 


Chicken/ beef teriyaki noodle bowl with homemade teriyaki sauce






loading...

11 comments:

  1. Always love a great rice bowl and sesame chicken is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good enough to dive right into the bowl! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! Love all Asian dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely wonderful! Right now I'm trying very hard not to lick my monitor. A tip. Try using gluten free all-purpose flour next time. It actually makes for a really nice texture on the chicken. (Not a GF guy, but learned it while developing a recipe for orange chicken for a friend.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Jerry. thank you for the tips, I'll try to find gluten free AP flour next time since I make fried chicken so often for my kid :)

      Delete
  5. I love rice bowls and this looks fantastic - the sauce on the chicken sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful chicken rice bowl! I'd make this for one of my lunches when I work from home. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Citra! It has been a while since I last visited your blog. How are you? And you are still cooking and sharing. 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Shidah..miss you.. and miss your post as well. Where have you been dear? :)

      Delete
  8. look so delicious...

    i wonder what it taste like, may i have some?

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected