Selam everybody..Merhaba from Turkey.
Asian style dish is always my prefer. Just like this restaurant style dish-Sesame chicken.
Today I am going to share sesame chicken rice bowl. The dish seems look alike general tso's chicken, but it is different actually in taste where this sesame chicken has more on sweet and light sour rather than spicy.
For the vegetable side dish I made simple shredded carrot and napa cabbage dressing with my simple version of thousand island dressing. It's just perfect for the sesame chicken.
This take away style dish amazingly easy and relatively quick to make So if you are asian food's fan as well I am sure you are going to love this. (^,^)
Sesame Chicken rice bowl recipe I adapted from here with minor adjustment
- 8 oz (250 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp oil ~~ I use 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp sesame oil ~~my additional, original recipe didn't use
- 1 clove garlic, minced ~~I use 2 cloves
- White sesame, for garnishing
- ½ cup (65 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white ~~ I use left over white about 50 gr
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) cold water
- 1 tbsp oil ~~ I use sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for deep fry
Mix all batter ingredient (except oil for deep fry) in medium bowl. Using balloon whisk mix until combine and smooth.Add the chicken into the batter, stir to evenly coat with the batter.
Heat enough oil in a wok or a stockpot for deep-frying. Gently drop the chicken into the oil and loosen them up immediately with a spatula to prevent the chicken from clumping together. Deep-fry the chicken to golden brown. Draining the excess oil by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar ~~ I use apple vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar ~~ I use brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) tablespoons water
In a wok or skillet heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil over high heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in sauce mixture and continue to cook until the sauce thickens.