Selam everybody......Merhaba from Turkey.
One of repeat request snack in my house is this potato doughnuts. İf you never make potato doughnut before you might try this soon. The mashed potato using here is adding the fluffy -ness of these donut. Believe me, it will be new fave around your house soon as well.
From this basic recipe you can freely shape your donut as your liking. topping them with anything your fave or even fill it with any filling you want. But this donut hole in skewer is the most request from my daughter. İ just simply coat them with icing sugar and cinnamon
And this post also submitted for an event by one large Indonesian cooking club, Natural Cooking club (NCC). The event calls failproof recipe by NCC. So we should cook and post any recipe from that cooking club. For Indonesian food blogger anywhere you can check this link to find more about it.
By Fatma Bahalwan (NCC)
- 500 g AP flour
- 50 g milk powder
- 200 g mashed potato
- 11 g instant yeast
- 100 g sugar
- 75 g butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 ml cold water
- İcing sugar and ground cinnamon for dusting
- Sift together AP flour, milk powder and sugar. Mix in mashed potato, egg yolks and cold water. Knead until it smooth, then knead in butter and salt. Continue kneading until you get smooth and elastic dough. You can use mixer or kneading by hand. The dough is lightly sticky. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough and roll onto working table dust with flour. İ use rolling pin and roll into about 3 cm thick. Then cut the dough using small round cookie cutter. Or you can divide the dough into small ball.
- Cover with damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for about 20 minutes or until it fluffy.
- Preheat enough cooking oil in deep fry pan. Fry them over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Drain doughnut from excess oil and let it completely cool. İf you want thicker sugar coating, drag your doughnuts while they are slightly warm.
- I simply drag my doughnuts over icing sugar mix with ground cinnamon. Arrange them on skewer then serve.
Resep Donat kentang
oleh: Fatma Bahalwan (NCC)
- 500 gr terigu
- 50 gr susu bubuk
- 200 gr kentang, kukus haluskan
- 11 gr ragi
- 100 gula
- 75 gr mentega
- 4 kuning telur
- 1/2 sdt garam
- 100 ml air dingin
- campur trigu, susu, ragi, gula, aduk rata
- masukkan kentang kukus, kuning telur, dan air dingin..uleni hingga kalis
- beri mentega dan garam..uleni lagi hingga elastis. Istirahatkan 15 mnt
- bagi adonan sekitar 50 gr (saya bentuk bulat kecil-kecil) .bulatkan. diamkan 20 mnt hingga mengembang
- goreng hingga kecoklatan