Selam everybody......Merhaba from Turkey.
Question of the day; what chicken part is your favorite?
Telling you honestly..... I love chicken feet. İ know..İ know.. some of you maybe will stick your tongue out 😝 😝 . İt sound gross for some of you. Cause maybe you never eat that or even think to eat it. But believe me it's good! Mostly İndonesian and some Asian countries eat chicken feet.
Chicken feet rich of glucosamine chondroitin, collagen and trace minerals. Moreover, a chicken feet stock is an excellent source of calcium
Sadly İ can not find any chicken feet in Turkey from any butcher here so İ won't talk more about it and İ should wait until İ get home to İndonesia soon 😊
Second list of my fave chicken part of course wings! Who doesn't love wings.
The yummiest chicken part and every body's favorite snack however people cook it or whatever glazing sauce with it.
My daughter is very much picky on food and doesn't eat too much, but whenever there is chicken wings she could eat them more as İ thought. So almost once in few days İ cook chicken wing just for her.
Sometimes İ made her crunchy chicken wing and she loves to dip it in cheese sauce. Or simple Honey garlic chicken wings. But most of her fave is this Fırında Kızarmış Tavuk kanat literally mean oven roasted chicken wings.
This chicken wing is actually my copycat taste from rotisserie chicken wing seller here in city where İ live (or maybe other cities in Turkey). And make them at home is satisfy me not just in fresh taste but also much saving in budget.
By making it at home we can control the freshness of chicken wings we use, of course.
So here today İ will share our favorite Turkish style rotisserie chicken wings. İnstead of roast them in oven you can prepare this yummy tummy chicken wing for your upcoming summer barbecue!
- ± 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 tbsp turkish spice mix (baharat karışımı), see this link for the recipe or see note below(*)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- fresh or dry oregano for serving
- red chili pepper flake for serving (optional)
- 1 tbsp smoke paprika
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black or white pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- pinch of urfa chili flake or red chili flake
- generous pinch of oregano
- wash and dry chicken wings with paper towel. Sprinkle with about 1 tsp of salt.
- İn medium bowl mix Turkish spice mix with olive oil. Add chicken wing and toss with the marinate spice until all wing cover with the spice. Keep in refrigerator at least 2 hours. İ usually prepare this a night before.
- When you ready to cook, pre heat oven at 180 °C. Lay chicken wing onto baking tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Tray to arrange them in single layer.
- Roast the wing about 30-45 minute or until done. Sprinkle with oregano before serve.
You can serve it with garlic yoghurt dipping (sarımsaklı yoghurt), see below how to make it.
How to make yogurt garlic sauce/ sarımsaklı yoghurt:
- 1 cup thick Turkish yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
- few mints leaves, finely chopped
- pinch of salt