♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Orange Golden Marmalade

Selam Everybody....... Merhaba from Turkey...

This week is citrus season in my place. I can get cheapest price for mostly citrus family in farm market. Don't ask me how many kilos I bought.... I looovvveee orange, lemon, or any citrus. They are best fruits for vit C source and also my best favorite for making dessert.

My husband likes to drink simply fresh orange juice, no more adding sugar or any other sweetener... But I still have big problem with my kid.....aaarrrgghhh.. We keep "fighting" whenever I ask her to finish her juice. So for her sometimes I mix with yoghurt and honey or sometimes I made orange frozen yoghurt.

Since I bought many kilos orange few days ago now I am thinking and open my "orange recipe list" on my computer file.
And this golden marmalade from Annabel Langbein is my 1st choice to use my orange stock.

It's simple and quick to make (unless for soaking time). And the marmalade turns beautifully yummy. I love the exact sweet on this recipe. I only use orange and lemon for this recipe and skip the whisky cause we don't consume any alcohol.

If you have orange and don't have any idea what to do... try this too. Keep in sterilized jar it will stand in your fridge for weeks even months.

Ingredients:

  • 2 grapefruit, 2 oranges and 1 lemon (750 g mixed citrus in total)--> I use orange and 2 lemon 750 g in total
  • 6 cups* water
  • 6 cups** sugar
  • ½ cup whisky (optional)--> I didn't use it
(*) 1 cup=250 ml
(**) 1 cup= 230 g


Method:
Halve citrus and slice as thinly as possible. Place in a large stainless-steel or enamel pot, add water and soak overnight. The next day, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until citrus is tender.

Add sugar and stir to dissolve, then bring to a boil and boil hard for 40 minutes. Add whisky, if using, and continue to boil until it reaches setting point (about another 40 minutes). To test for setting, spoon a little onto a plate. If a film forms on the surface, it is ready. While still hot, pour into sterilized jars and seal with sterilized lids. It will keep for months.

Note: Don’t use an aluminium pot, as the acid in the fruit with corrode it.





Check other Yummy recipe:

Yogurt Cheesecake

Lemon Curd

Orange Curd

Orange egg white roll cake

Orange Macarons


loading...

9 comments:

  1. I love citrus marmalade - so great added to baked goods and in sauces and marinades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are absolutely right Kimberly, thank you for the idea ^,^

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. I make freezer jam but have never tried to make marmalade. I love orange marmalade! On it's own or mixed into recipes! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love orange marmalade! I love using it in savory chicken dishes most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... I should try mine on chicken too..thx Rebecca!

      Delete
  4. Orange marmalade is one of my favorites! I almost always have a jar stored away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE orange marmalade! This looks so sunny and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a delicious marmalade! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected