♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Orange with poppy seeds Chiffon cake recipe



Selam everybody....Merhaba from Turkey....


Once you made chiffon cake you will never bore to experiment more and baking more flavor of it. I love to bake chiffon cake as much as I eat it. Moreover, if your chiffon turns into wonderfully cotton soft and light like a cloud.

Yep..that's my chiffon cake.. I like to vary the flavor of it. Just check my other chiffon cake post on Cake Section.

And since I still have some orange stock also I hearty adore orange and lemon flavor my today post is about orange again. But this time I want to make something else to twist the flavor. 


This orange poppy seeds chiffon cake base on my previous spinach chiffon cake, I just change the spinach with orange segment then blend it. I mix it with poppy seeds in this orange chiffon cake, but fell free to skip it if you don't like it or you can't find poppy seeds in your cupboard.
Compare to my orange chocolate marble chiffon cake before, the orange taste isn't too obvious. This was shocking since I used puree orange segment rather than just it juice, maybe next time I would improve the orange flavor stronger than today.


This cake really can keep in room temperature up to 2 days and longer at fridge. You can wrap with plastic wrap and keep in freezer up to 2 weeks.

This recipe is enough for 10" tube chiffon/ angle food pan. But if you have smaller one you can decrease using correct ratio for each ingredients. 

For one 24~25cm (10") tube pan

Ingredients A:
  • 7 large egg yolks
  • 55 gr caster sugar
  • 150 g AP flour
  • 25 g cornstarch
  • 10 g milk powder
  • 150 gr orange segment (from 2~3 orange)
  • 95 gr cooking oil
  • 2 tsp orange zest
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 40 gr poppy seeds (you can skip if you don't purchase it)
Ingredients B:
  • 7 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 100 g caster sugar
 Method:
  1. Pre heat oven at 160~ 170°C. Prepare your 10" tube pan ungreased. 
  2. Sift together AP flour, cornstarch, milk powder and baking powder, set a side. Using blender, blend the orange segment until smooth, set a side.
  3. Whisk egg yolks and caster sugar in big bowl until sugar just dissolve. Whisk in oil, stir to combine. Then whisk in orange puree and zest, whisk to combine. Add in dry ingredient including poppy seeds (if using) and whisk to well combine, set a side.
  4. In separate big clean bowl, beat egg white and 1 tsp lemon juice until foamy. Gradually beat in caster sugar in 3 batches, continue beating until stiff peak.
  5. Fold meringue to yolks mixture in three batches, make sure to well combine in each addition. Pour batter into ungreased tube pan, bang few times to counter to remove air bubbles or run a thin knife into the batter with circular motion.
  6. Bake in pre heat oven 160~170°C about 45~65 minute or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
  7. Remove from oven and immediately invert pan up side down to cooling the cake. You may use wine bottle or small long jar to prop your pan during cooling time.
You can unmould the cake after it completely cool down. Serve as it is dust with icing sugar or with some orange segment. 

BAHASA INDONESIA

Assalamu'alaikum..... Merhaba dari Turkey....

Yaaayyyy.... chiffon kek lagi.... gak pa-pa donk.... lagi demen ber-adventure dengan chiffon nih... lagian masih musim jeruk...jadi lagi ngabisin stok yang bejibun itu.... jadi hari ini temanya jeruk lagi yyaaa......

Tapi beda orange chiffon saya yang lalu, kali ini saya tambahkan poppy seeds di keknya untuk nambahin tektur chiffon kek saya kali ini. Tapi kalau tidak punya poppy seeds ini, bisa langsung skip saja kok.

Resep ini saya modifikasikan dari postingan chiffon cake bayam saya sebelumnya, cuman ganti puree bayam dengan puree orange saja. Kalau di Indonesia bisa pake jeruk sunkist ya. Sebelum di bikin halus, jeruknya dikupas dan diambil dagingnya saja (orange segment). Caranya potong daging jeruk diantara membran tipis buah..ngerti kan maksud saya.. ^,^

poppy seeds (minjem dari wikipedia)- saya belum sempat moto milik saya
Resep ini untuk loyang tulban ukuran 10" (24~25cm), jika punya loyang yang lebih kecil hitung sendiri rationya untuk tiap bahan-bahannya.

Bahan A:
  • 7 kuning telur ukuran besar
  • 55 gr gula kastor
  • 150 gr terigu serba guna
  • 25 gr pati jagung
  • 10 g susu bubuk
  • 1 sdt baking powder
  • 150 gr orange segment (dari 2~3 buah jeruk)
  • 95 gr minyak goreng
  • 2 sdt orange zest
  • 40 gr poppy seeds (bisa di-skip jika tidak tersedia)
Bahan B
  • 7 putih telur ukuran besar
  • 1 sdt lemon juice
  • 100 gr gula kastor
Cara membuat:

1. Panaskan oven suhu 160~170°C. Blender jeruk hingga halus benar. Sisihkan.

2. Ayak jadi satu; terigu, pati jagung, susu bubuk dan baking powder, sisihkan.

3. Dalam sebuah mangkok besar, kocok kuning telur dan gula hingga gula larut saja-- saya gunakan manual whisker. Campurkan minyak, aduk rata. Lalu masukkan blenderan jeruk dan zest kedalam kuning telur, aduk rata. Masukkan juga campuran tepung dan poppy seeds (jika pakai), aduk rata dengan whisker. Sisihkan.

4. Siapkan mangkok besar yang lain untuk mengocok putih telur. Mangkok sebaiknya berbahan gelas atau aluminium-bukan plastik. Kocok putih telur dan lemon juice hingga berbusa, lalu masukkan gula kastor secara bertahap. Kocok hingga stiff peak/ hard peak (kaku) 

5. Masukkan  bagian putih telur ke campuran kuning telur, aduk rata dan masukkan  bagian lagi, aduk rata-bisa gunakan whisker.

6. Terakhir masukan sisa meringue, aduk balik dengan spatula hingga tercampur rata. Tuang ke dalam loyang tulban tanpa dioles apapun.
Note: hentakkan loyang di counter untuk mengeluarkan udara yang mungkin terperangkap dalam adonan. Bisa juga aduk perlahan dengan garpu/ pisau. Cake yang dihasilkan akan berpori kecil dan halus jika tidak ada udara terperangkap dalam adonan.

7. Panggang sekitar suhu 160~170°C selama 45~65 menit atau sampai lidi yang ditusukkan ke bagian tengah cake keluar bersih tidak basah.

8. Keluarkan dari oven dan segera balikkan loyang hingga benar-benar dingin. Setelah cake benar-benar dingin, lepaskan cake dari loyang dengan pisau yang tipis. 

Sajikan dengan taburan icing sugar dan irisan jeruk sunkist.



Check my other yummy posts:


Money Bag dumpling

Garlic butter pizza stick

Eggless soft bead

Tuna croquette

Kelpon. Indonesian sweet dumpling



loading...

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake! I love the chiffon/meringue added to this! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one seriously gorgeous cake. I love orange cakes. All the better with poppy seeds. My mom used to make chiffon cakes a lot. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right Kim Bee... orange and poppy seeds are complete each other :) thank you.

      Delete
  3. Itu berapa lama Mba Citra ngupasin kulit jeruknya? Kalau jeruknya diperas doang atau dipakein juicer kurang mantap kah rasa jeruknya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proses kupas jeruk dan segmented nya cepat kok Mbk Rika.. not more than 5 minutes. Ini ceritanya pengen bereksperimen kalau jeruknya di pakai semua gitu (bukan cuman juicenya kayak sebelumnya). Tiap orang punya selera masing-masing. bagi saya sama saja, pakai juice saja sprti resep ini jg ok.http://myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com/2016/02/orange-chocolate-marble-chiffon-cake.html

      Delete
  4. Hi, my dear friend Citra! You and I go back a long way in 2010 when we both started out food blogging...and somehow over the years we lost track of each other! Looks like you're back in your beloved homeland in Turkey, from the way it looks on your blog. If so, I'm really happy for you! I adore your new blog, and the beautiful Chiffon cake. I pinned it on my pinterest board, and following you there! I hope we stay in touch, and will catch up on your latest! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to connect you back dear! .. yes I came back to Turkey in mid 2014. During my pregnancy after delivered my baby I couldn't so active on my page..now I'm back and so glad. Keep in touch.. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi, my dear friend Citra! You and I go back a long way in 2010 when we both started out food blogging...and somehow over the years we lost track of each other! Looks like you're back in your beloved homeland in Turkey, from the way it looks on your blog. If so, I'm really happy for you! I adore your new blog, and the beautiful Chiffon cake. I pinned it on my pinterest board, and following you there! I hope we stay in touch, and will catch up on your latest! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody....let me introduce you to my old and dearest blogger friend. Elisabeth.. please do visit her beautiful blog with wonderful content at http://foodandthriftfinds.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful cake, it looks so light and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, love it! :)
    I invite you to me, maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected