♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Ramadan Pide (flat bread) with step by step pictures. Best and authentic recipe.


Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up on any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.


No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary


Bread or ekmek we call in Turkish language is a staple of all food in Türkey as well very much important in Turkish culture.  Not just bread, we treat our food with respect. Wasting foods (bread) is disrespectful and günah or sin.

Eat and finish what you take.

Bread is always on our dinner table. Serve morning to evening. Dip in a hot creamy soup, eaten with Turkish köfte (meatball) in between or any meal. Or just simply spread it with salça (homemade tomato paste) for hurry brunch.

You can find a dozen types of ekmek/ bread in market or local fırın (bakery) which always serve fresh and hot bread from a traditional big stone oven. And there is one bread that is specially baked on a special occasion, Ramadhan or Ramazanİt's Ramazan pidesi.


There are many classic dishes that are associated with Ramazan in Turkey. But no other item signifies the breaking of the fast better than a loaf of pide (read; pee-deh).
Ramazan pidesi is round and flat in form and has a weave-like patterned crust shape by fingers.
Ramazan pidesi is made of wheat flour with yeast, rub with egg wash, and topped with sesame and black sesame seed.













It is traditionally served for the iftar and sahur meals during the holy month of Ramadan
is a highlight bread in turkey during Ramadhan month.


Bakeries all over Turkey provide this Ramazan pidesi hot and fresh about an hour or two before iftar time. So you will see a long queue in front of fırın/ bakery before iftar time to get this delicious pide hot from the oven during the month of Ramadhan.

No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary
Look inside the crumb! so fluffy. Yummy!

The long and time-consuming queuing sometimes frustrates me cause I should prepare a meal before iftar. And my husband... he is not very patient all the time, especially when he is hungry and tired after work 😊.

So baking it at home is my best solution to get this Ramadhan staple to serve at our home. And sometimes even not in Ramadhan month I make this delicious soft slightly chewy pide bread cause I love it! 😋

You should try this yummy bread... I am sure you gonna love it as well.

No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary













Previously I already posted my ramazan pidesi, you can check my previous recipe here.
But today I will share a no-knead version of my ramazan pidesi. Both recipes work just great for me. But if I am not in hurry I would love to make this no-knead version, usually at late night after sahur time, keep the batter in the refrigerator for a slow process, and bake in the afternoon or near iftar time.

So here is my traditional Ramazan pidesi, no-knead version.

No-knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flatbread)
By: Çitra's Home Diary


Make 2 medium loaf
İngredients:
  • 4 cups (500 g) whole wheat flour 
  • 1 tbsp (10 g) instant yeast
  • 2 tsp sugar 
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1  ½ cups (375 g)  water
  • 2 tbsp (30 g) oil
for glaze and topping:
  • 2 egg yolks 
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • black and white sesame seed
No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary

How to make:

1) In a big bowl, put all dry ingredients and mix them to combine. Make a well at the center and add wet ingredients (oil and water).

2) Using a wooden spoon or spatula slowly mixes from the center out until all dry ingredients are wet. Do not over-mix it, you may have some lump from flour, it's okay (see picture #3). Cover with plastic wrap and leave it at room temperature for 60 to 70 minutes until it rises (see illustration #4).
Note: sometimes I make the batter at night and keep it in the refrigerator to bake the following day.

No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary

3) Prepare and line a wide baking tray with parchment paper.
Generously flour your working table and pour the dough onto it. Gently knead by taking the sides to the center for few times until it is lightly covered by flour and shape-able. Divide the dough into two equal parts. 

4) Take one part and put it on a prepared baking tray, use your palm to flatten the dough. Keep doing this until it gets wide with 1-2 cm thickness. Do the same to other parts. Loosely cover both flattened doughs with a kitchen towel and let them rest for about 30 minutes or until noticeably puffy.

No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary

5) Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing the yolks with olive oil. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Spread half of the glaze to the bread surface evenly then using your fingers' tips start to push the bread, leaving the fingermark around (about 2 cm from the edge).
Then push the middle part of that circle to make a cross wave-like pattern with your fingers tips (see illustration above).

6) Sprinkle with white and black sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until it is golden brown on the surface. Once the bread is out of the oven, wrap them with a kitchen towel then keep them inside a plastic bag to make them moist.

Better to serve warm.

Afiyet Olsun. Happy baking 💟


Follow me on Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚

PIN THIS FOR LATER
⥥ ⥥ ⥥ ⥥ ⥥ ⥥
No knead Ramazan Pidesi / Turkish Pide bread (flat bread) with step by step pictures| Çitra's Home Diary




*********************************************************************************

Check my other yummy recipes


My Ultimate Easy No-Knead "Ramazan Pidesi" Recipe. With Video | Çitra's Home Diary. #turkishpide #ramadanpide #ramazanpidesi #reseppideturki #flatbread #breadrecipe #nokneadbread #foodphotography
My Ultimate Easy No-Knead "Ramazan Pidesi" Recipe. With Video



Kastamonu Etli Ekmeğı


Plaited Coconut Pandan Bread


Lahmacun tarifi / Turkish pizza lahmajoun recipe




loading...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, do you think this recipe would work if I added herbs or black pepper to the dough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai... This typical traditional Ramadhan flat bread which I don't suggest adding anything in it. But if you want to add herb, you may add dried thyme or rosemary or crush garlic in olive oil, but I don't suggest black pepper. Hope it will help.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I love Pide and I love Ramadan so I cant wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected