This Italian Dessert is definitely Every one's favorite .... Combination of coffee taste in moist Sponge cake (or can be sponge finger) with delicate cream cheese plus a sprinkling a lot of chocolate ... hhhmmmm .... No other word than just t i r a m i s u
Materials and how to make it:
1 recipe of chocolate sponge cake recipe can be found here
- 1 cup cream cheese (or Mascarpone cheese)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter. Softened at room temperature.
Whisk all ingredients I with electric mixer until completely mixed and smooth. Set aside. Ingredients I as a substitute for mascarpone cheese. So you can directly use the mascarpone cheese if any, use 1 + 1/2 cup, smooth it with electric mixer.
- 75 g whipped cream powder.
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150 ml cold water
Beat using a mixer until stiff material II, Set aside and keep refrigerated.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp caster sugar.
Boil water in a saucepan, beat eggs and sugar over hot steam above the boiling water (double boil system) until the eggs turn pale and the sugar dissolves. Set aside
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee (can be reduced to 2 tablespoons if you do not want the kids too much coffee)
- 200 ml of warm water.
- 2 tbsp sugar (reduce to 1 tablespoon reduced if you reduce the coffee)
Stir to dissolve all the ingredients IV. Set aside.
Chocolate and cocoa powder to taste.
1) Stir and mix evenly ingredients I and II in a large enough container. mix in material III (egg mixture). Stir until all ingredients completely mixed, use mikser low speed only.
2) Prepare serving glasses or you could use spring form-- I use serving glass so I cut my sponge cake to glass size. Moisten with coffee mixture. Arrange on serving glasses, give cheese cream mixture,make it evenly smooth. Stacking with another moist cake and cream again, do same thing 2 or 3 stacks.
3) Keep in refrigerator at least 4 ~ 5 hours, sprinkle with cocoa powder and garnish as your taste before serving.
Enjoy while it's cold.