♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Kıymalı Pide / Turkish Pide bread with ground meat topping

Resep dalam bahasa Indonesia bisa dilihat disini.








Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey...

In Turkey, pita (called pide) has a soft, chewy texture. The pizza-like foods called lahmacun are made with oval-shaped pieces of pide dough topped with finely chopped meat and herbs before baking. Pide also refers to another pizza-like food made of pide dough topped with different ingredients. With distinctive charcoal aroma from traditional stone oven, makes this pide is a "must-try food" when you visit Turkey.

Regional variations in the shape, baking technique, and topped ingredients create distinctive styles for each region. Such pides can include chicken, beef, cheese, potatoes, garlic and many other ingredients. Beside Pide with chicken toppingTurkish sausage topping, and pide with cheese and egg  topping, today I'll share my post Kıymalı Pide or pide with ground meat topping. This is slightly different from my previous Kıymalı Pide I made before
And you can choose ayran for beverage accompany this pide.
I rolled my dough away too thin, please make thicker than mine

And my today post is kıymalı Pide or Turkish Pita bread with ground meat topping. You can use ground lamb meat or beef, but for my pide I use 50:50 ground lamb and beef meat. Use ground meat with about 10% fat. The fat will melt and adding wonderful taste for your pide.



 Kıymalı Pide /Pita bread with ground meat topping recipe

Serve 4

Ingredients
Pide bread:
  • 500 g bread flour
  • 200 ml warm water
  • 2 tsp instant dry yeast
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • fine semolina flour, enough for dusting the working table (optional), you can use AP flour
For topping:
  • 500 g ground meat, beef or lamb( I use 50:50 beef and lamb), 10% fat
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 big/ 2 medium tomatoes, remove the seeds and roughly chopped
  • 2~3 carliston chili pepper, remove seeds and finely chopped
  • about 2 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1 tsp black pepper powder
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste, dilute in 200 ml water.
untuk topping
other vegetable topping:
  • carliston chili pepper, halved and cut into 7 cm 
  • tomatoes, slice
  • butter or olive oil for brush the pide

Method:

For Pide; In a big bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar, and 1 tbsp flour with warm water. Let it stand for about 5~10 minutes until foamy.
To the foamy mixture, add in flour and salt. Start to knead. You can knead manually or with stand mixer with hook paddle. Knead in olive oil and continue to knead until it smooth and elastic. Note: you may need more water or flour, add in carefully.
Cover with damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap, let it stand until it double in volume. How long it's depend on your local temperature. (see illustration 1)

Meanwhile make the meat topping; in another bowl, mix all topping 
ground meat ingredients and mix to combine, set a side.
Flatten the dough and put on lightly floured working table with semolina flour. Make a big ball and divide the ball into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into smaller balls.
Working one ball at a time. Using rolling pin, roll the dough into long oval shape. Do not too thin like mine. Roll it about 7 ~8 mm thick (mine is thinner than that). Move the rolled dough over baking paper sheet. It will help you easier to remove it later to pan. (see pict 3)

Divide ground meat topping into 4 equal part. Take one part and spread over the rolled dough, leaving about 3 cm empty from edges (pict 4). Arrange chili and tomato slice over the meat.

Fold each side the dough like a small boat push and attach each sides. Remove the sheet onto baking pan. Do same procedure to all dough and topping. Let them rest about 30 minutes.


Preheat oven at 190°C few minute before baking time. Bake them about 30 minutes or until it golden brown. Once it remove from oven, brush the pide side with oilive oil or butter.


Serve warm with ayran. Afiyet Olsun


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚



CHECK MY OTHER YUMMY POSTS:


Sucuklu pide

Kumpir/ turkish stuffed potato

peynirli yumurtali Pide

Islim Kebabi


Tavuklu pide/ pide with chicken topping
















loading...

16 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Turkey some day. This is the type of food I love to eat when traveling. I need to try making it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should come to Turkey someday Christie, it's beautiful place to visit with delicious food to taste. Meanwhile you can try this to your kitchen 1st :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love pide! I'm originally from Germany and there were several Turkish joints where I would go for my Turkish food fix. Pide was always a favorite. Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kimberly.. yes I heard many Turkish restaurant in German.

      Delete
  3. I grew up with Armenian food so this reminds me a lot of dishes I grew up with! I would love to try this Turkish version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkish food and Armenian food have some similarity as we are geographically close ^,^ . Glad to know you grew up with Armenian food Sabrina, so I believe you get the soul of this food :)

      Delete
  4. Really hope I can try this one day. Your pita bread with the topping looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing Citra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy if you could try this in your kitchen Ann, thx for drop me a word :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so delicious! I love the variety you could create with different toppings, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee Dee.. various topping and filling typical local cuisines here.

      Delete
  6. I haven't had this before but I plan to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious! Definitely pinning so I can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! This looks amazing and like something I could eat every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the presentation. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected