♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Çiğer Kebabı (Turkish Liver Kebab) With Onion salad


I don't know about you, but we like eating offal once in a while. Offal, especially tongue have differently delicious taste and texture. And when you cook them right you will get best meal of it  (^,^)

In Turkish cuisines there some dish using offal as main ingredients and become favorite mostly as street food like Kokoreç, çiğer tava or this çiğer Kebabı. Or you can try Iskembe (tripe) soup recipe here.


And my today post is Çiğer Kebabı (Liver Kebab). Çiğer Kebabı widely known here comes from Diyarbakır area in east Turkey. Once I ate this Çiğer Kebabı in Bursa at one street vendor around Bursa Grand bazaar (Kapalı Çarsı). 

For you who want to try this Çiğer Kebabı at home, here I write my recipe which given by the seller --I always ask "shamelessly" to every food seller I met ... 😤 hehehehehe. 
And maybe because I am a foreigner here, mostly they don't mind at all to tell their ingredients-- It's beyond my knowledge if they somewhat hide one or two their secret ingredients-- But at least what I make at home has same taste as they do (^,^)

Ingredients:
  • 1 kg beef liver ( You can use lamb/ goat liver), cut into chunks
  • 2 Tbsp Turkish spice mix / baharat karışımı, See here for the recipe (*)
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • some glug of olive oil
  • some small white/ yellow onion. If you use big one, cut into big wedge
(*)You can replace that Turkish spice mix with:
  • 1 Tbsp spicy smoke paprika (you can use sweet one but spicy one much better)
  • 1/2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp red chilly flake (more if you like spicy taste)
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • good pinch dried oregano/ thyme
You will need some skewers (bamboo or metal one)


For serving:
  • Bread or "lavash" or pita bread
  • Table Salt
  • Tomatoes, wedge
  • dried thyme/ oregano
  • Onion salad, recipe below (*)
  • carliston/ big green chilly (optional)
How to make:

In one big bowl, mix all spices above. Then add liver chunks to the spices, mix well so all liver chunks covered with spices. Cover the bowl with cling film and keep in fridge at least 2 hours or over night (Mostly I prepared them a night before I roasted them next day).

Before roasting them on grill, stack liver chunks and onion wedges into skewer.  You can use electric grill like mine or charcoal much more yummy!. Roast them well, brush them with remaining spices. Roast Carliston chilly and tomatoes too.

Serve hot immediately over bread with sprinkle of salt, oregano/ thyme, Onion salad, and carliston... Don't forget your ayran drink.. (^,^)


How to make Onion salad:

  • 2 big yellow onion, finely slice
  • some parsley leaf, finely chopped
  • pinch of sumac
  • salt to taste
  • red chilly flake (optional)
  • fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste
  • olive oil
In a salad platter, mix onion and parsley, toss them with sumac, chilly flake (if use), salt to taste. Squeezed with fresh lemon juice and add with good glug of olive oil.














loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected