♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

(Not so) Natural Red Velvet Swiss Roll cake


And my today post is Red Velvet Roll Cake. I use beets puree for give natural red color but with a little "cheating" (^,^)... I also add few drop red gel food color. It's because I saw my batter before baking it was not as red as I hope. Maybe for next experiment, I will increase amount of beets puree for this recipe.

The idea of this recipe I get from my previous post Spinach Cake. But instead of using spinach puree, I use beets puree. I use only 40 gr beets puree and as I mentioned before I want my red color brighter than this -- even actually after baking, it has deep red velvet color as you see in some photos here. But at least I use only few drop ed color only rather than 1 bottle or so .....
And here the recipe. Make one 25x30x3 cm baking tray.

Get ready with your baking tray, basting with margarine then line with parchment paper, set a side. Also prepare another sheet of parchment paper bigger from pan size for rolling your cake later.

Make beets puree in a head:

boil or steam 2 medium (1 big size) beets until soft & tender. Put into blender/ food processor to mash them until really smooth. Take about 40 gr, and keep the rest for next recipe (^,^).
Mix 40 gr beets puree with 2 Tbsp water and 1 tsp white vinegar for making beet mixture, set a side.

 Ingredients :
  • 4 eggs, separated yolks from white
  • caster sugar 25 gr + 70 gr
  • 35 gr flour
  • 5 gr cornstarch
  • 10 gr natural cocoa powder 
  • 5 gr Vanilla powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 28 grams of margarine, melted and cooled
  • a pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
  • beets puree mixture above
  • few drops red food color gel (optional)
How To Make:
1) Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C. prepared your baking tray size 25x30x3 cm. Sift together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla powder, set a side. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy, then gradually whisk in 70g caster sugar while continue whisk until soft peaks and shiny. Set aside.

2) In a heat-resistant bowl, whisk the egg yolks and 25 g caster sugar over boiling water (double boil) until the sugar has dissolved and frothy. No need to viscous pale stage. You could use a low speed mixer or use manual whisk. Remove from the heat and whisk for another 1 or 2 minutes, mix  in beets puree mixture and whisk to blended.

3) Sift in dry mixture into yolk mixture fold nicely to combine. Fold in 1/3 beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture and fold well. Add few drop red food color if you use, fold to combine. Then add this yolks into beaten egg whites and gently fold to well combine. Add in melted butter, fold carefully until well combine.


4) Pour into the prepared baking pan. Slam baking tray on the counter few times to remove air bubbles that may trapped in batter. Bake  about 15 ~ 20 minutes (depending on your oven type/condition).  Lightly touch cake surface if it's spongy and not sticky on your finger, you are done. DO NOT OVER BAKE or you will end up with broken roll cake.

5) Remove your cake from oven and immediately slam onto counter once to prevent cake from deflating. Flip over your cake onto prepared parchment paper and carefully remove bottom side of baking paper. Then carefully roll your cake, let it cold like that for about 30 minute. Unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling evenly. Roll it again tightly and chill in fridge few minute before cut and serve. 
See my other post to read more tips how to handle roll cake here.

For cheese cream filling:
  • 100 gr cream cheese
  • 75 gr unsalted butter
  • 80 gr icing sugar
  • 5 gr vanilla powder
Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy with electric mixer. lowest the speed and gradually beat in icing sugar and vanilla powder. Continue whisk for another 3 or 4 minute. Keep in fridge until it's ready to use (minimum 2 hours)

Check my other Red Velvet recipes
Red Velvet Macarons
loading...

1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. baby cakes birmingham

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected