One from many cake recipe from Turkey call Islak kek (mean wet cake) because after bake, we'll make it 'wet' with chocolate mixture. cake texture and taste almost like brownies, soft... just nice for tea or coffee companion...- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 /4 cup melted butter (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 package of baking powder (10 gr)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Dry grated coconut for topping.
How to make:
1) Preheat oven to 160 C. Prepare a 26 cm size baking pan and grease with butter.
2) Sift flour, mix with vanilla and baking powder. Set aside.
3) Stir eggs with sugar using a whisk until sugar has dissolved. Then put milk and stir well again. Add melted butter and cocoa powder. Stir until all ingredients mixed perfectly.
4) From the mixture of liquid before, take a cup and set aside.
5) Add the flour mixture into remaining liquid, mix again until blended.
6) Pour batter into pan and bake in oven about 25 minutes or until cake cooked (test with a toothpick)
7) Once cooked, remove from oven and pour with that 1 cup chocolate batter while it's hot with a spoon over cake surface. Chill briefly before topping with dry grated coconut.