♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Sambal Badjak / Sambal Bajak (Indonesian traditional chilly condiment)

"Sambal" or ground hot spicy chili  most always served in Indonesian traditional family's dinner table. In Indonesia we can make this hot  sauce from bird eye hot chili as main ingredient throughout the year (all seasons). Different from country with four seasons,this small hot chili we usually find only in summer.

 

We have many kinds of chilli sauce from various regions in Indonesia from eastern Indonesia to the western tip of Indonesia.



Since this summer in Turkey I could find bird eye chili, this time I want to make sambal Badjak ... If other Turkish women will make tomato pasta for next winter stock,I'll  make a little more my own hot and spicy chilly sauce to be stored during the winter .. d(^_^)b


You will need:
-Bird eye chilli pepper 200 gr, the more you use it, the more hot spicy you'll get.
-Big-red chilli pepper 100 gr.
-1 large tomato. If you don't like too hot, tomato can be added.
- 4 cloves of garlic.
-Belacan/ terasi (shrimp paste) to taste (I use 1 tbsp)
-Sugar and salt to taste. (I use 1/2 tbsp coconut Java sugar/ palm sugar)


ground and puree all ingredients above until smooth with food processors or a manual with mortar and pestle.

After finely ground. Heat enough cooking oil. Cook the sauce with additional:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 pcs Bay leaf
- 1 small size galangal (optional)
- Lemongrass, bruised white part


Cook everything over a low heat until thick and boiling.

Ready to served.
Or you can store it in clean sterilized jar, keep in refrig for not more than 2 month.











loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected