♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Nastar isi Apel / Apple tart cookie

"Lebaran" (Iedul Fitr Feast) this year I spent in Turkey with husband .. It feels so nostalgic feel the atmosphere of  Iedul Fitr Feast a la Indonesia .. Many kind of cookies, "ketupat"(*) eat with Indonesian traditional food (sayur santan), homemade syrup, together with family in Indonesia ....

In Turkey, every Iedul Fitr feast (Ramazan bayram) there always been "baklava"  serve at every house in Turkey ... Unlike in Turkey, "lebaran" feast in Indonesia feel it is incomplete without cookies and other snack, also "ketupat" as the main dish at every homes in Indonesia ... Ooohh ..how I miss Indonesian "ketupat" ....

Trying to ease a little bit homesick at Iedul Fitr feast, I made some traditional "lebaran" cookies also, like this one: "NASTAR" . Nastar is cookies fill usually with homemade pineapple jam, but since I hardly ever to find pineapple this summer -unlucky me :( , so I made it with homemade apple jam.. not bad as well, indeed can be as variation of 'new' nastar after all  d(^_^)b

Recipe by NCC with minor adjustment.

Ingredients:
- 500 grams of low protein flour (I use AP flour)
- 200 gr cornstarch--> original recipe use all 700 gr low protein flour
- 250 gr butter
- 250 g margarine
- 120 grams of milk powder--> original recipe calls 4 tsbp
- 200 gr powdered sugar --> original recipe 100 gr
- 1/2 tsp powdered Vanilli --> original recipe didn't use it
- 4 egg yolks
To spread over:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

(mix all)
garnish:
enough cloves 


Filling:
- 500 gr green apples. finely grated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- A little citrus or 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Cook all ingredients over medium heat until boiling and thickened. Cooled at room temperature.




Method:
1) Beat butter, margarine, powdered sugar and egg yolks until smooth and pale.
2) Add milk powder, mix well
3) Add the rest of the other ingredients gradually. Stir with a wooden spatula until blended.
4) Take the dough and give the stuffing. Create a sphere like small balls and arrange in pan.
5) spread with egg yolk and garnished with clove stems. Bake until golden brown (approximately 20 min 160 deg C)



store in a dry jar and seal tightly

İf you want to fill with pineapple jam, see the link here.


(*) Ketupat is Indonesian rice cake wrapped with coconut leaves

















loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected